Listing Out The Legend Requests for Logic

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Listing Out The Legend Requests for Logic

Postby sjgam » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Put in a few sporadic requests and I thought I would list them out in hope of getting them in your next The Legend Update :):

1. Parameter Values Not Displayed - numbers/status are not displaying to Logic (and Logic controller)

2. Switches/Buttons Not Set up - all the parameters have been set up for continuous control including the switches/buttons. These need to be presented as two discreet values so buttons on controller can simply switch them on/off. This is important for both live performance and easier automation. All other "players" in this space including Diva, Monark, Arturia MiniV are set up so you can use buttons to turn on and off switches. Cumbersome especially when playing to turn a knob or drag a fader to switch something on/off. And the standard controller has a series of buttons that cannot be used if switch parameters are not set up as on/off - forcing you to bury more parameters on separate pages so you have to use paging/menus to get at them unnecessarily. If you can use buttons then more of the parameters can be put on the controller surface without menu/page diving. Its also standard practice to map buttons to buttons and continuous to knobs and faders.

3. Six Parameters Not Presented to Logic - Not all parameters (see below) are set up to be controlled by Logic/Controller - while I realize the intent may be to prevent audio glitches if one uses the controller to do sound editing then its clunky to be forced to turn to mouse for just these parameters. By presenting them to Logic then the user can decide if they would like to map them to their controller or not.

1. Polyphony 2. PB Range Up 3. PB Range Down 4.Note Priority 5.Mono Mode 6. Model Revision

4. Mod Wheel Non-Assignable - nice to map it to any other parameter. I guess same applies to aftertouch.

5. Volume/Sustain Pedal - does not seem to be any feature to allow you to use your volume or sustain pedal
sjgam
Novice

Re: Listing Out The Legend Requests for Logic

Postby sjgam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention to automate the button to view the back of the gui so you can access the view from your keyboard and see the gui react to your parameter movement from the keyboard.

I like to change reverb and delay on the fly while I am coming up with sound while playing.
sjgam
Novice

Postby sjgam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Just checking in if any ETA when The Legend will allow on/off buttons on controller for automatable parameters to work as well as present the values to Logic.

I am turning to The legend as my default synth but find it clunky on the performance/workflow that I cant map buttons nor see parameter values on automatable parameters on my controller.

Would think this is an easy fix.
sjgam
Novice

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 pm

We are working on a Legend update, which contains further often requested features like NKS, and a few other things. This update should be ready soon :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)