The Legend automation/modulation in Ableton Live

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend automation/modulation in Ableton Live

Postby M4lte » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:34 pm

Hey,

first of all, congratulations to you guys for giving The Legend such an incredible sound.
It almost feels like the real deal for 90€ now :)
I'm testing the demo atm and the sound is really convinving.

My question is the following:
I wanted to see how the Legend keeps up with some LFO-modulated basslines, like wobbly Filter-Cutoffs or modulated Acid-Squeeks.
And modulating Legend by hand, I can tell that it sounds really good and beefy, even on high Acid-Leads (and the filters are so tasty).
I could set the legend up to work with the knobs of my Masterkeyboard, too (Midi-Learn) but I'm struggling to get any kind of modulation by using only my DAW (Ableton Live 8 ).

I know, that automation and host control is disabled while using the demo.
But I need to be 100% sure, that the Legend is fully automatable over my DAW via Midi, or some external PlugIn designed for that (XFer LFO-Tool, CableGuys Midishaper).
Especially some LFO's for the Filter-Cutoff or the Osc3-Modulation and one or two more envelopes for Osc-Pitch or Filter-Envelope Amount would be absolutely crucial for the things I want to use the synth for.

So long question short:
Is it possible for the Legend to be fully automated, controlled via external LFO's and/or DAW-mapping, Midi-Learn to Macro's, fully remote controlled etc. provided I have the full version of the synth?

I'm really hoping so, would be a perfect Synth for my bass-sounds then :)

Greetings,

M4lte
M4lte
Novice

Re: The Legend automation/modulation in Ableton Live

Postby M4lte » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 am

Bump for answer.
Would love to buy the product, but can't without really knowing if it fits my needs :(
M4lte
Novice

Re: The Legend automation/modulation in Ableton Live

Postby Marcin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

All controls can be linked to MIDI CC, except for the pitch bend range, the matrix sources/targets and the pitch wheel.

As far as host automation is concerned, all controls are provided except polyphony, pb ranges, mono mode, note priority, model revision, and matrix sources/targets.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)