Option to default effects OFF for all presets?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Option to default effects OFF for all presets?

Postby steveturner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 am

Hey,

I find Legend sounds better without effects and prefer to add my own VST effects when required.

Is there a away to disable effects for all presets?

If not it would be great if there was as it is likely not the strongest part of the product.

Thanks,

Steve.
steveturner
Novice

Re: Option to default effects OFF for all presets?

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm not aware of any way to bypass FX on all patches but it's not something I would want to do.Not so much for a less complex synth like Legend but in complex synths like Dune 2 many times the FX are an integral part of the patch. For example when you have a delay set to play off the Arp pattern etc. So you wouldn't be hearing the patch as it was intended and may miss something that is musically inspiring.

If I find a patch that is inspiring then I may turn off some of the FX (most often the Reverb) and replace it with a third party option. I mostly use my own patches so the FX are set the way I want them but am not too proud to use other people's patches.

But I'm not against your feature request at all. It won't effect me as I can just leave the option off. I suppose the obvious if not tedious workaround would be to load a patch, turn off the FX, then save it as a new patch. Rinse and Repeat. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 am

steveturner wrote:If not it would be great if there was as it is likely not the strongest part of the product.

Sorry, pal, but if you don't think the effects are as good as, or better than, any VST effects you care to mention, then you have very poor ears for music production. Seriouly, Synapse's effects are awesome. In fact, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Rich was so happy with the reverb in The Legend that he turned it into a standalone rack extension effect.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 pm

I'm not sure if the DR-1 and Fat Space Rack Extensions came before or after The Legend. I seem to remember a VST version of both came with the last release of Orion but I could be wrong.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/synapse-dr-1-deep-reverb/

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-extension/synapse-fat-space/

As for Legend's effect, yes they are very nice but whether or not the Reverb is as "good as, or better than, any VST effects you care to mention" could certainly be put to debate. If it is then a VST version is in order and should prove to be quite popular.

Come to think of it I wonder why there aren't VST versions of all the Synapse R.E. Effects......
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)