DUNE2 - Osc Init Phase Issue (Cancellation)

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE2 - Osc Init Phase Issue (Cancellation)

Postby phineasfreak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello everyone, firstly i have recently started playing with this synth, really nice job you guys at synapse its a work of art!

please help clear this up for me - im trying to eq harmonics out of a saw wave with phase cancellation in the mod matrix and its confusing the hell out of me :(

osc1 - va saw, osc2 - wt sine. im tweaking the init phase of each in the mod matrix, and since i dont want osc1 to start at zero crossing (a value of 0) im not sure how to set the osc2 phase to be "inverted" to it.. at the moment -30 and +10 are as close as i can get with an analyzer.

is there a simpler way of calculating it? or just flipping the phase?
thanks
phineasfreak
Novice

Re: DUNE2 - Osc Init Phase Issue (Cancellation)

Postby phineasfreak » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:43 pm

osc1 is set at -30, according to the manual thats -108 degrees. if i set osc2 sinewave at +30 thats +108degrees. they dont cancel out.

but if i set osc2 at +10 they cancel. thats +36 degrees..
phineasfreak
Novice

Re: DUNE2 - Osc Init Phase Issue (Cancellation)

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:50 pm

To invert a waveform, add +50, so e.g. 0 and +50 would match. Also you can try using the WT model for both oscillators, it is better to use the exact same oscillator model if you want the highest possible precision.

Furthermore, it is important to get the levels right if you attempt such tricks. You will need to match the level of the partial that you want to cancel out precisely (using e.g. Osc levels controls in the Mixer section, and your analyzer to measure what the level actually is).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)