Presales question, The Legend: Map Midi Notes to Switches

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Presales question, The Legend: Map Midi Notes to Switches

Postby Quickweasel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi,

I'm considering buying The Legend, a few Chroma Caps and use my TR-8 drum machine controllers to midi-control the Legend. Would be cheaper than Moog or Behringer and better (spread, poly, fx ...), yet still controllable.

Questiond:
- Can I map Midi NOTES to the On/OFF switches of the legend ? Then I would use the drum pads of TR-8 for switching.
- If not, does anyone know how to do this indirectly via Ableton Live ? (E.g. a Max4Live device that can fire a certain CC value, which I can ableton-map to a note. Or a Note to CC converter that can be configured to fire constant values.)
- Also if not: Feature request to midi map NOTES to TOGGLE on/off switches in the legend

Thanks a lot. Attached a first schematic of how The Legend might be mapped to TR-8.

Best regards,
Q
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quickweasel
Novice

Re: Presales question, The Legend: Map Midi Notes to Switche

Postby Quickweasel » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I might have found a solution: http://kevinkenan.blogs.com/kkenan/2013 ... nator.html
It can be mapped to do 1:1 connections (1 in, 1 out) and I hope it can use midi NOTE as input - Ableton can usually do this.

By the way, I leave the faders for drum volume control. Only the rotary knobs will be used to control the legend.
Quickweasel
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)