Dune 3 and Digital Performer 9.5 for Windows

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 and Digital Performer 9.5 for Windows

Postby jsg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:33 am

Hello,

I cannot seem to get MIDI learn to work properly with any parameter other than main volume, which I have connected to cc7.

Here's what I am doing:

1. Opening a file with Dune and opening Dune.
2. Enter a cc parameter and value into the DP's event list, i.e. cc18 at measure 1, beat 2.
3. Right-click on Dune's amp attack time and choose MIDI Forget and then I click on MIDI Learn
4. Start playback for a few measures.

This works with cc7 and volume, but not with any other parameter. I have checked my automation settings in DP thinking this might be an issue, but it doesn't seem to matter how automation is set up. When I open Dune in Sonar, it works fine, I can automate any parameter with MIDI learn, so I think it has something to do with either DP or how DP interacts with Dune.

UPDATE: I just found out that when I program all the controllers using midi learn in Sonar, when I close Sonar and open Dune in DP, the controller values stick! Yeah! There must be an issue between Dune and DP, but in any event I got it working the way I want it to, I just had to use MIDI learn in Sonar rather than DP.

If anyone else has this issue with DP, try programming MIDI Learn in another DAW...

Thanks!!
Jerry
http://www.jerrygerber.com
jsg
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)