Midi/arp

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Midi/arp

Postby Core0329 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 am

Please add the ability to export midi/arp sequences or at the very least put a piano roll in the midi portion so we can change up the midi sequence to suit our needs. Thanks
Core0329
Novice

Re: Midi/arp

Postby Kriminal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:15 am

check the forum, its already been asked for many times

why not just write your own?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby jesussaddle » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:28 am

I'm working on a project and my purchase of Dune 3 this evening was because I made the assumption that I would at least be able to go into the directory where the MIDI data is kept to keep track of it and modify it along the way. I also assumed that if I wrote my own MIDI data into 30 or 40 presets that I wouldn't need to create a folder structure to keep track of it separately. The basic rhythmic "MIDI patterns" are accessible as MIDI files. So I searched and searched in the manual, and finally looked at the Synapse Documents folder.

So I would be right in assuming there's no plan to change this present situation?

When you say, "its been asked many times" and "why not just write your own", are you not realizing that its a natural assumption these days, with synths like Omnisphere, Falcon, and VPS Avenger, that such data is perfectly accessible as fuel for the creative process?
jesussaddle
Novice

Postby Carlo Celuque » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:03 pm

Core0329 wrote:Please add the ability to export midi/arp sequences or at the very least put a piano roll in the midi portion so we can change up the midi sequence to suit our needs. Thanks

Yeah! Sure!

We need some improvements here!

Thank you
Carlo Celuque
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:56 pm

You can already create your own sequences in your DAW of choice and export them as midi files then load them into Dune 3's Arp set to Type=Midi.

People have been asking for export midi for a long time (even before this thread from 2019) and it hasn't happened yet.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:05 pm

jesussaddle wrote:I'm working on a project and my purchase of Dune 3 this evening was because I made the assumption that I would at least be able to go into the directory where the MIDI data is kept to keep track of it and modify it along the way. I also assumed that if I wrote my own MIDI data into 30 or 40 presets that I wouldn't need to create a folder structure to keep track of it separately. The basic rhythmic "MIDI patterns" are accessible as MIDI files. So I searched and searched in the manual, and finally looked at the Synapse Documents folder.

So I would be right in assuming there's no plan to change this present situation?

When you say, "its been asked many times" and "why not just write your own", are you not realizing that its a natural assumption these days, with synths like Omnisphere, Falcon, and VPS Avenger, that such data is perfectly accessible as fuel for the creative process?

never function on an assumption

try the demo and ask support if you need specific info....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)