Dune 3 Workflow

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 Workflow

Postby Touch The Universe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:05 pm

What's up guys. It's been a few months since D3. I was wondering if a rick click menu "assign to modulation source" was ever implemented in Dune 3? Cheers :D
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Re: Dune 3 Workflow

Postby Kriminal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:51 pm

how would that work exactly?

you would still have to set amount and which layer(s) it was applied to in the MM
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Touch The Universe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:54 pm

That's fine. I like how in diversion, it applies a value of 15% automatically. Some synths allow a menu to pop up around the knob to assign directly. That would be amazing, but even something simple like this would be enough to make me happy.
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:34 pm

If you want to know if it's been implemented try it for yourself. No need to ask.

There are other feature requests that would "make me happy" long before "right click menu assign to modulation source".

Let's focus on features of function rather than features of convenience. You know features that expand the range of sounds rather features that might make programming sounds in the current range a little easier. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Touch The Universe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:37 pm

Focus on what what requires least effort to make the most people happy and make dune better overall. That's the name of the game my friend. :wink:

Implement something that might take a few days that'll make 20 percent user base happy vs new huge features that will make 3 percent happy, ya dig :cowboy:
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Like I've said multiple times other people have requests they'd like to see more. It's not just about what you want. Ya dig ?

You don't know if adding any feature is a matter of a few lines of code or a few months of coding and you don't know which features would make the most people happy. I've seen at least as many requests if not more for Preset Browsing, Tagging, and Favorites.

In the end Mod Matrix assignment will not change the way Dune 3 sounds one little bit. It may make things easier for some people but it doesn't make the end sound any different. Since I already find Dune 3 a breeze to program I'd rather they focus on features that expand the range of sounds D3 can make..... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:
Implement something that might take a few days....

you're a coder are you? you know for a fact stuff like this takes "a few days" to implement?

maybe you should offer Synapse your services, you could code that part while they concentrate on the hard stuff

:lol:
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Touch The Universe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Let's take what I said literally why don't we :lol: instead of being on offhand example.

My intention is to simply bring this feature up again to remind Rich that people are still interested in it and to show it with what little power I have here ( a poll :cry: ).

Rich said, he liked the idea, that he WOULD implement it, and that it would be relatively EASY to do.

Make a thread. Make a poll. Support your wish. I know I won't try to dampen it.
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:
Rich said, he liked the idea, that he WOULD implement it, and that it would be relatively EASY to do.

all you have to do is wait then, no need for another thread or poll :)
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:Rich said, he liked the idea, that he WOULD implement it, and that it would be relatively EASY to do.

Citation ?

No one is squashing your feature request we're just trying to tell you that other people have feature requests too. Get in line. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Touch The Universe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:09 pm

Behind you presumably, haha, wtf :lol:

Dude it's not a contest, or the best man wins, or who wants it the most or who asked first. That is not sound business.

I'm not approaching my request with that mindset or expectation. Likely to get a spanking that way :mrgreen: :cowboy:
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:44 am

Touch The Universe wrote:Behind you presumably, haha, wtf :lol:

No, in line with everybody else. That's the point I'm trying to make. I guess it's not sinking in.

I prefer features that expand the range of sounds a synth can make and I would think that someone who fancies himself as a sound designer would be similarly focused on sound and not convenience but hey whatever floats your boat.

Anyway good luck with your feature request and good luck to everyone else on theirs.

Like I said Synapse knows how much work a certain feature will require and have a pretty good idea of how much return for time invested they can expect.

I think we're getting to the point of diminishing returns where these little features of convenience aren't going to generate enough sales to justify the effort but like I said Synapse knows what they are doing. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:46 am

... or do they.... :shock:

:lol:
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:23 am

They must....we're all still here..... :dance:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Touch The Universe » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Sales depend on marketing. Plan and simple. If you want to sell more, do more marketing!

Don't have enough time to generate dozens of videos, thousands of audio streams, creating dozens of posts, hundreds of emails in newsletters keeping product top of mind, no problem. Get someone else to do it!

That's the beauty of sound designers for synths.

These "little features of convenience" hardly do this idea justice and shows lack of foresight and plain business senses on your part!

If you spent all your efforts improving workflow, it'd be time more than well spent.

Check out serum workflow, btw, right click assign to modulation, then another knob pops up so one can assign depth there. This saves a lot of time. Being stuck in the matrix sucks, imo, not my thing, so you if you are comfortable there, good for you, but try to understand others may not.

Too much whining, it's not that bad, i can do it if I want, and probably will have to. It's just a wishlist and a fervent one.
Touch The Universe
Regular

Next

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)