DUNE 3 Feature Request - Mod Matrix mute buttons

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 3 Feature Request - Mod Matrix mute buttons

Postby JX3D » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 pm

I would like an option to mute a setting in the mod matrix. As it is now, you will have to alter (ie reset) a parameter, just to hear how it sounds without the setting. A mute button for each line (setting), would be nice.

I did post this 5 years ago for Dune 2 too, but never got to follow it up. The problem with the replies on that post was, that it ended with suggestions to reset values instead of muting. And then it was never followed up. Well, if having to reset parameters on 5-10 mod-settings, and then having to remember those values to set them again afterwards, that would cause quite a mess I think. Then I would rather work in another environment. So please, I do love Dune, and an option for muting mod-settings shouldn't be the hardest thing to implement.

Thank you.

Here is the old post:

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11010&start=0
JX3D
Novice

Re: DUNE 3 Feature Request - Mod Matrix mute buttons

Postby bones » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:51 am

I think it would make more sense to have undo. In that situation, you double-click to reset the value to zero, then undo to go back to what it was. Quite a few VSTi have undo these days and it is very handy.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Re: DUNE 3 Feature Request - Mod Matrix mute buttons

Postby JX3D » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:27 pm

I agree undo could be a solution. But then undo should be able to undo more than just the last operation, as if you reset 6 different mod-settings and needs to undo them all, ie. in this case to undo 6 times. But then it begins to be difficult if changing other settings (outside the mod matrix) in between reseting the mod matrix values. So undo may not be the solution in this case.

But undo will surely be nice to have, for other things.

I still think its quite simple to code a mod matrix mute function, just by changing the text box/label for row 1-32 into indexed buttons and adding a single routine handles the indexed click to mute that setting.
JX3D
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)