most of vst plugins failing

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: most of vst plugins failing

Postby toneman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Yup. I Believe all of those you listed are 32-bit plugins, save for those 2 A1 plugins labeled with x64 (might want to redownload those and try again). 100% sure Classic, mda, dblue, and DSK ones are. You can use them with 32-bit version of Orion. It's labeled just "Orion" in Start menu. Orion64 is 64-bit version.

will recheck all the nonworking for 32 bit possibility, there can be a handful but not a lot, because most of plugins i took from vst4free, where you can choose from 32 and 64 bit versions and i took exclusively the 64. i admit that the human error is possible from my side as well, but i guess partly the dowload files could be mixed already.
also i took some from here, but there was no descriptions, so basically part of plugins from this site can be 32bit, i didn't check properly
https://www.best-free-vst.com/plugins/effects/reverb-02.php

upd. yes, the human error. checking now - there are more 32bit vst than i expected. note to myself - never download a bag of plugins in a row without checking each one for compatibility. "it might work" never works..

however i installed jbridge and almost all the old nice weird plugins from the past work fine now. got a bunch yesternight and made a different folder for them as recommended in jbridge instructions. went to sleep at 8.30am :wink:

A1Triggergate x64 works here as well but it's an Effect not an instrument so try changing that in the vstgfg.txt file. I imagine the same is true for A1 StereoControlx64 as well.

that is weird, i checked the vstgfg.txt file and they are listed as effects by me 3 nights ago, having =0, not =1

try adding the dll names to the vst.cfg file

!always do 8)

Notice many of the ones that do work have the x64 tag.

these are from downloads where you could choose from 32 and 64 bit versions.

Looking at the vstcfg.txt file is a blast from the past. Plugins like the JX220 and JunoX2. :)

it is :D i like old stuff, especially if it works & sounds well or at least weird enough! now enjoying the sound of my favs from around 2005/6/7.

thanks again for replies!
now, going deep into a bit discimination mode :mrgreen:
Last edited by toneman on Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toneman
Novice

Re: most of vst plugins failing

Postby toneman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:46 pm

another question, which plugins you consider the most bizarre and weird? in a line of granulators/randomizers, unusual filter combinations, and such marginals as marazmator, vurtbox, alien artifact, synsect, fauna and others which might be not so much practical as fun, yet well made vst plugins.
toneman
Novice

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)