Vocalizer Pro

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Vocalizer Pro

Postby Nullgrad » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a usb microphone to process my voice through Sonivox Vocalizer Pro using Orion Platinum ?
Atmosphere /Omnisphere / Discovery Pro / Ethno / Arturia V Collection / Korg Legacy Digital Edition / Waldorf Edition / Garritan Personal Orchestra /Beatmaster / Industrial Tones / Analogue Loops / Industrial Tones /Korg Legacy Analogue Edition
Nullgrad
Novice

Re: Vocalizer Pro

Postby Kriminal » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:28 pm

if its a plugin, sure
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm

It depends on whether or not your computer system sees the USB Mic as a valid audio device and whether Orion (or any DAW) sees it as a valid Audio Input.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:19 am

Depends.

If you're using ASIO driver, your input device will have to be same as output device.
Since any USB device will be registered as separate audio device, that won't work.

You can, however, choose your inputs and outputs if you switch to DirectSound or Wave MME type.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:49 am

It would help if we knew what USB Mic. If it's something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ELEGIANT-Condens ... 222&sr=8-6

-Plug and Play: Simply plug pc microphone into any available USB port, select it as your input in your software settings, and you're ready to create your own audio.Windows and Mac compatible, and no software to install.

Then Orion should see it ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:24 am

If ASIO driver is being used, Orion won't see USB mic as input.

All you get is this:

Which means that it can only receive input from the same device that's being used for output (XLR/TSR mic or line-level inputs from audio interface), but not as separate device that USB mics are detected as.

But if you switch to DirectSound or Wave MME, you'll get a whole list of devices to choose from:

But in that case, you can't use ASIO driver.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Nullgrad » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks for the info......some things for me to try then.
Atmosphere /Omnisphere / Discovery Pro / Ethno / Arturia V Collection / Korg Legacy Digital Edition / Waldorf Edition / Garritan Personal Orchestra /Beatmaster / Industrial Tones / Analogue Loops / Industrial Tones /Korg Legacy Analogue Edition
Nullgrad
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:59 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:If ASIO driver is being used, Orion won't see USB mic as input.

On my internet computer I only have onboard sound with FL Studio ASIO installed. With it you can select a Mic input:

Fl Asio.png

I just tried in Orion and using FL Studio ASIO it is possible to have input from a Mic by selecting "Enable Input" and "Monitor Input".

I don't know if FL ASIO is installed with the FL Studio demo but if you don't have a dedicated audio device with its own ASIO drivers it's worth looking into.

FL-Orion.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:03 am

I stand corrected.

I thought it was a hardware thing, where Orion would only see inputs from the hardware in use, but it turns out it is about software.

I'm using a dedicated sound card (Delta 1010LT) which has its own ASIO driver. In addition, I'm also using integrated Realtek HD audio, and an external USB mixer that also acts as an audio interface. But it pissed me off that it wouldn't play anything else when Delta's ASIO was in use, so I installed Voicemeeter (it's free) with its "virtual cable" to go around that problem.

Voicemeeter allows me to route any audio from any source into it, that would then feed into M-Audio ASIO as main output. So, when I routed headset microphone from Realtek's input, even when input in Orion was set to "same as output", it was able to record into an audio track.

Pretty cool. Honestly didn't know it could do that.
I always thought I would have to have a mic hooked to a mic input on the Delta, but seems that's not the case.
Thanks, Tek :D
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:13 am

Cool ! I'm glad I was able to provide some useful information. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Nullgrad » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:13 pm

This is the usb microphone I bought

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Just by chance this week I was going through all the instruments and effects I had, and I had forgotten I had Vocalizer Pro so it's the first time I have tried it, I have installed the microphone and ticked the audio input box and gone with Wave MME for audio output but so far I haven't been able to process my voice through Vocalizer Pro, I have managed to process one of my many VST instument's which hopefully is a start !!

UPDATE - I figured it out - open an audio track - add Vocaloid Pro as an effect and then open sampler and use that to control Vocaloid Pro.
Then sing or speak into the usb mic and play a chord and that's it.....it's only taken me 20 years to finally be able to sing live through a Vocoder !!

Thanks for all your help so far !!
Last edited by Nullgrad on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nullgrad
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:48 pm

Load an Audio Track, Select Input then load the plugin on that track ?

Orion 100420-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Nullgrad » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:00 pm

Cheers that's what I did.... Thanks
Nullgrad
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)