Own Soundset on Startup

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Own Soundset on Startup

Postby systematic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:46 am

Hello Guys,

Servus Kollegen, Nur eine Kurze Frage, Gibt es eine Möglichkeit dass Startverzeichnis von Dune3 zu ändern? Wenn ich Dune 3 in eine neue Spur ziehe, wird es immer mit der Factory Soundbank geöffnet, hier nun meine Frage, gibt es einen Weg, dass ich Dune 3 mit meiner Ordnerstruktur basierten Soundbank starten lassen kann? Wäre großartig.

maybe the question are available, but I've never found some, only a simple question. There is a way to set my own directory based soundbank to set as startup soundbank ?? Its a little bit wired to start Dune 3 and switched from Factory to my Soundbank Folder. It would be great if there is an option to change the value ;-) i don´t use or so rare any other soundbanks, so its will be great if it´s working Thanks for now.

Greats Jan
systematic
Novice

Re: Own Soundset on Startup

Postby Teksonik » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:14 pm

If you don't plan on using the Factory Presets just move the folders to another location outside the Soundbanks folder. Then what ever folder is on top in the Soundbanks Folder will be the one that loads.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 pm

delete the folder, I do that with every synth so only my sounds are visable :wink:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby systematic » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:50 am

Thanks for replay Kriminal & Teksonik,

Okay thats a posibility, but not a perfekt way, but occasional access to the other Preset Packs i would like to have it too... ;-)))
Firstly, i buyed for some Banks, and you know, someone you´re searching an sound, and scrolling, scrolling and maybe you will find them in the factory or other banks. So the target was not to delete all other Banks only to use my own. There is not possible too, if i will open some older projects songs, where i worked with factory sounds, that wants to find them. is there no way to work with all folders but sho my own on firtst in startup nevertheless?

Greats
systematic
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:10 pm

I tried renaming the "Dune 3 Factory" folder to something else but it still reads them as the default presets. I looked in the Registry and didn't see a key that defines the default bank.

Ok try this....Rename your custom patch folder something like "00-My Patches" as long as it ends up ahead of the Dune 3 Factory folder in the list.

Then drop the patch "Adrenaline KS.fxp" into your custom folder. Then D3 will load with your custom folder first.

It seems like D3 is keying on Adrenaline KS as the default patch and the top folder it's in the default bank.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby systematic » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 am

YES, That´s it...

There was a great idea....with an little think about, maybe i have guessed that also, finally its a easy way, and after that, logical...
Always what i do, To change directory names or change the order from directorys, nothing has worked.

No its not important what a List of directory you have. important is, like you say, to paste the Adrenaline KS from ARP DUNE 3 Factory folder, to your Soundbank folder... thats it. If you have subfolders and wish to start with them, copy the Adrenalin KS inside your Sub, or maybe you wants to create an favorite Directory with all great sounds off your portfolio.. copy the adrenaline KS inside, and that will working,... to start by your selected directory if you open a new instance of DUNE 3 in your DAW.

Thanks a lot MR Teksonik
Greats and have all a nice XMas Time
systematic
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:19 pm

My pleasure, always happy to help. Maybe Rich can tell us if there is a better way to have a custom default bank load at startup. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby systematic » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:19 pm

great, thanks a lot,... yeah it would be great to know, maybe there is an further way... but thats ok for now... there is only one preset not of me, but i can live with that haha ;-)
systematic
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)