MSEG Mono / Poly question

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

MSEG Mono / Poly question

Postby MattLeschuck » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 am

Am i correct in saying that the MSEGs are monophonic in Loop mode and polyphonic in the others? If so, is there a way to make Key On / Note On monophonic? If not, it would be a nice addition similar to the LFO's.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Re: MSEG Mono / Poly question

Postby Richard » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:19 am

MattLeschuck wrote:Am i correct in saying that the MSEGs are monophonic in Loop mode and polyphonic in the others?

Yes.

MattLeschuck wrote:If so, is there a way to make Key On / Note On monophonic? If not, it would be a nice addition similar to the LFO's.

What exactly do you mean by monophonic here? Like only the first keypress starts an MSEG, or something different?
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:19 pm

Do you mean paraphonic?
Mark

Postby MattLeschuck » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 pm

Richard wrote:
MattLeschuck wrote:Am i correct in saying that the MSEGs are monophonic in Loop mode and polyphonic in the others?

Yes.

MattLeschuck wrote:If so, is there a way to make Key On / Note On monophonic? If not, it would be a nice addition similar to the LFO's.

What exactly do you mean by monophonic here? Like only the first keypress starts an MSEG, or something different?

Sorry if my terminology is wrong. Yes to your question. In one shot mode (or Key On in Dune), the MSEG acts globally when triggered. So if say im holding a chord and start playing single notes all the voices follow the same initial position (not restart and give each voice its own). Basically how loop mode acts.

Hope that makes sense :). Europa, Rapid and Thorn allow for this. See photo.

Edit: I found an ok workaround for now using a 2nd MSEG to control the MM amount of the 1st MSEG. Not ideal but it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattLeschuck
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Ok, so you want to be able to create e.g. a paraphonic kind of behavior (multiple keys pressed but only a single filter envelope for instance)? This would certainly be very easy to add in a future version :) It could be simply called Mono or Global as in the screenshot.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby MattLeschuck » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Richard wrote:Ok, so you want to be able to create e.g. a paraphonic kind of behavior (multiple keys pressed but only a single filter envelope for instance)? This would certainly be very easy to add in a future version :) It could be simply called Mono or Global as in the screenshot.

Thats it. I think it would be a nice addition to the MSEGs. I appreciate the reply Richard and I look forward to future updates :).
MattLeschuck
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)