Orion for Mac or Your Synths as Rack-extensions

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Orion for Mac or Your Synths as Rack-extensions

Postby mmdeveloper » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 am

I have been a long time user who has gone over to Mac and not been using a PC for pretty much anything. Is there any chance you might release Orion for Mac? If not please consider converting your soft synths to Rack Extensions for Reason. I love them and would really like to be able to utilize them...

Thank you!
mmdeveloper
Novice

Re: Orion for Mac or Your Synths as Rack-extensions

Postby bones » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:03 am

Why would you allow your computer to decide what you can and cannot run like that? It is ridiculous.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby mmdeveloper » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Um, you let your PC tell you what you are able to run regardless of what OS you choose... I like Reason because I can wire up whatever synth/audio/effects I want and use them anyway I want... Not to mention having come from a PC world, my Mac maybe "somewhat closed" but I have YET to have had a virus, and the only crash I have EVER incurred (in 4 years) has been when a hard drive died... I cannot say that about any PC I have ever had... I still have PCs - they just don't work as well...

My dual core notebook - which is my slowest Mac, performs better with 4gb of ram than my PC with an AMD 6 core with 16gb of ram... However, this is not about what computer I use - it's about the software that I use - Reason, which by the way - Synapse is supporting. They have already released 4 rack extensions, and I am sure there will be more. When I used a PC, I used Orion almost exclusively, loved it and still do - wish there was a way to use it without a VM - and all I did was ask Synapse if they would support me and the Thousands of other Mac users out there, I am not trying to get feedback from some person who has a closed mind.
mmdeveloper
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Synapse is a small company and their resources are spread even thinner now that Rack Extensions have come along. I doubt there would be time to develop/support a Mac version of Orion. However I wouldn't rule out a RE version of DUNE at some point . (just speculating, no information to back it up). :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 am

mmdeveloper wrote:Um, you let your PC tell you what you are able to run regardless of what OS you choose...

No, I don't. I choose the applications I want, then find an OS that supports them. It is the opposite of what you seem to have done.
I have YET to have had a virus, and the only crash I have EVER incurred (in 4 years) has been when a hard drive died...

Really? Well, I've never had a HDD die on me and if I ever did, I would never buy that brand again. Of course, I've never had a virus on my PC either, despite using no security software, so I don't count that as anything special, either.
I cannot say that about any PC I have ever had... I still have PCs - they just don't work as well...

Again, really? The MacPros at work are about 10% as reliable as any PC I've owned in the last 10 years. Just today I discovered mine had corrupted all my user preferences, resetting all my applications to their default configurations. But I've only had to Force-Quit something once this week, as well as having to restart once, which is a pretty good week on a Mac, in my experience. To be fair, though, most of the issues we have at work are related to how poorly Macs run on a big network as much as anything.
My dual core notebook - which is my slowest Mac, performs better with 4gb of ram than my PC with an AMD 6 core with 16gb of ram...

For the third time, really? My 4 year old Core2Duo laptop is much slicker to work on than the 8-core MacPros I use every day. The Macs are lightning fast at rendering but getting to the point where I can press the render button is way more frustrating, largely thanks to poor graphics performance but also because most of the software I use on it simply doesn't run as well on OS X as it does on Windows.
I am not trying to get feedback from some person who has a closed mind.

My mind is not closed, I use a Mac every day. My attitude is based on objective assessment after 15 years experience with Windows, 12 with Linux and around 10 with MacOS.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby fraz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 am

Teksonik wrote:Synapse is a small company and their resources are spread even thinner now that Rack Extensions have come along. I doubt there would be time to develop/support a Mac version of Orion. However I wouldn't rule out a RE version of DUNE at some point . (just speculating, no information to back it up). :)

Wouldn't a few good rack extensions from Synapse sell rather well? - and be popular with some folks who wouldn't consider Orion because they think its not good enough? - If the answer is yes-then it could generate revenue that would make Synapse a little bit bigger-Don't want to sound opinionated.... :drool: ......but a bigger Synapse is a better Synapse.....if only a little bit....... :cowboy: ...... :music:
fraz
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:35 am

fraz wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Synapse is a small company and their resources are spread even thinner now that Rack Extensions have come along. I doubt there would be time to develop/support a Mac version of Orion. However I wouldn't rule out a RE version of DUNE at some point . (just speculating, no information to back it up). :)

Wouldn't a few good rack extensions from Synapse sell rather well? - and be popular with some folks who wouldn't consider Orion because they think its not good enough? - If the answer is yes-then it could generate revenue that would make Synapse a little bit bigger-Don't want to sound opinionated.... :drool: ......but a bigger Synapse is a better Synapse.....if only a little bit....... :cowboy: ...... :music:

That only works if by a bigger Synapse you mean more employees.....It's hard enough now for Rich and Marcin to provide support for Orion, PC and Mac versions of DUNE and the new Rack Extensions. A Mac version of Orion would simply require too much time and resources in my opinion.

As for Rack Extensions generating income they must be since Synapse continues to release more. Obviously since I don't own Reason and never will I'd rather Synapse concentrate on DUNE, Orion and new Vst plugins rather than Rack Extensions but if they're paying the bills it's easy to understand why RE's might be the focus of attention at least for awhile......
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby warriorfullights » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:59 am

I am still hoping that they could do something about it in the future. Image
warriorfullights
Novice

Return to Wishlist