Antidote feature requests

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote feature requests

Postby markdormin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 am

Hi. First time posting on Synapse forums. Yoroshiku.

Been playing with Antidote for a few days, and the sound is fantastic, but there are a few things that leave me feeling too limited. Mostly having to do with modulation and FX. I thought about ways to extend the possibilities working within the pretty tightly designed interface.

There are a couple features I think would be great to have.

1. Different "run" modes for the LFO's, besides Free Run. Change Free Run to "Run Mode" and make it a 4-notch slider with abbreviations at the different modes. Here are the additional modes I thought of:

Momentary (M) - When engaged with either LFO, when that LFO is triggered the LFO curve is cycled 180 or 360 degrees depending on LFO type and then stops when it returns back to neutral level. It can be used to add a momentary modulation to the attack of each note. Here's when it would stop with the different LFO types: Sine: 180, Triangle: 360 (exception, goes to -100% to distinguish from Ramp in the following new run mode), Ramp Up/Down: 360, Square: 360, S&H: 360

Hold (H) - Same as Momentary but instead of returning to zero it stops at different points creating a "100% sustain" effect. Sine -> Stop at the "zenith", to get a round attack curve (90 degrees). Triangle -> Stop at 180 degrees (exception, this one returns to 0). Ramp up/down -> Stop just before returning to 0, so basically a linear env attack. Square -> Engage after the rate period and hold. S&H stays for the duration of the note and the rate is only used for sampling (so the sampled value is not heard except when "latched" by the attack) - in this way the rate would just serve as a "seed". Alternatively, S&H could simply engage after the rate period and hold its value for the duration of the note.

2. FX Section: Synth FX In Amount, in addition to Ext In Amount. This would be a convenient addition when using Antidote double duty as both an FX and instrument device.

3. Separate dry output for the oscillators, in order to do parallel FX more conveniently. There is a big unused space in the right half of the OSC TYPE / MODIFIER table where this box could shoulder its way in.

Let me know if any of that makes sense.
markdormin
Novice

Re: Antidote feature requests

Postby Vitaly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 am

My question is: considered the possibility of interchangeability presets Dune and Antidote.
That is, may the owner of Dune, use sounds antidote?
Thank you.
Do not twist the handle, if you do not know why you need it!

https://soundcloud.com/vitaly_semenov_semjem
Vitaly
Regular

Postby klauzser » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:58 am

I don't really get what that means. Can you enlighten me more? Image
klauzser
Novice

Postby eXode » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Vitaly wrote:My question is: considered the possibility of interchangeability presets Dune and Antidote.
That is, may the owner of Dune, use sounds antidote?
Thank you.

Antidote and DUNE are not preset compatible. You cannot share presets between Antidote and DUNE.
eXode
Novice

Postby markdormin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

I'd like to add one more feature request:

4. Additional switch to disable Glide completely, maybe on the back. I noticed that even with Glide all the way to the left, the lowest setting is 2ms of glide. I would like to make Legato leads that don't have the slightest amount of pitch sliding when two notes that are spaced far apart on the keys are played legato. I don't care if this introduces click/pop artifacts, but if this Disable Glide feature employed some magic to fix that, I wouldn't complain.
markdormin
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Thats a bug then. If glide is set ti zero, there should be no glide.

Check other setting tho, it may be patch specific? Sone setting in the mod matrix?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby eXode » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 pm

markdormin wrote:I'd like to add one more feature request:

4. Additional switch to disable Glide completely, maybe on the back. I noticed that even with Glide all the way to the left, the lowest setting is 2ms of glide. I would like to make Legato leads that don't have the slightest amount of pitch sliding when two notes that are spaced far apart on the keys are played legato. I don't care if this introduces click/pop artifacts, but if this Disable Glide feature employed some magic to fix that, I wouldn't complain.

Glide is disabled when set to it's lowest setting, regardless of it saying 2ms. If you use your ears you'll hear it. I even compared with Thor set to legato and portamento turned OFF, there is no difference between the two with those settings (also played over several octaves).
Last edited by eXode on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eXode
Novice

Postby eXode » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:30 pm

markdormin wrote:Hi. First time posting on Synapse forums. Yoroshiku.

Been playing with Antidote for a few days, and the sound is fantastic, but there are a few things that leave me feeling too limited. Mostly having to do with modulation and FX. I thought about ways to extend the possibilities working within the pretty tightly designed interface.

I personally don't feel that any of these requests are very useful for a synth like Antidote. For something more complex like Thor or DUNE I'd be inclined to agree but not really for Antidote. There are other features that are far more interesting and important for Antidote than those you have suggested. It's not a bad suggestion per se, it's just that development time is limited and personally I'd rather have stuff like more waveforms on the oscillators and perhaps another filter model over those features. But that is only my opinion. :)
eXode
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Are you the new Bones? :lol:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby eXode » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:05 pm

Kriminal wrote:Are you the new Bones? :lol:

Haha, perhaps a "Reason" version of bones... ;)

Nah well I have a strong vision for stuff, almost like a disorder. I don't think those were bad ideas, just not for Antidote at it's current state, imho. Antidote is all about being intuitive and easy to use. Easy to get great results in little time etc. Those suggestions was stuff that no "ordinary" user would care about. From the feedback I've seen people are more interested in stuff like "I want a notch mode for the filter" or "please give us more waveforms" etc. :)
eXode
Novice

Postby markdormin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm

eXode wrote:
markdormin wrote:Hi. First time posting on Synapse forums. Yoroshiku.

I personally don't feel that any of these requests are very useful for a synth like Antidote. For something more complex like Thor or DUNE I'd be inclined to agree but not really for Antidote. There are other features that are far more interesting and important for Antidote than those you have suggested. It's not a bad suggestion per se, it's just that development time is limited and personally I'd rather have stuff like more waveforms on the oscillators and perhaps another filter model over those features. But that is only my opinion. :)

Well I just thought it was sad that there are 4 CV-ins and only 5 modulation matrix slots so I thought it might be cool to let the LFO's have the possibility to do something besides just ... oscillate, haha. I thought this would be fairly easy to add but maybe not.

I mean at least the dry osc out, you don't think that would be easy enough to add and useful? I mean, I know one can just create a second Antidote to use for FX, but I think this feature would be neat. You could process the oscillators with an external chain and then route it back in through the external in. And play with this idea using different presets on the same Antidote.

As for the glide, I definitely hear a slide in pitch with Glide all the way to the left. To me it was very obvious!
markdormin
Novice

Postby eXode » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 pm

markdormin wrote:As for the glide, I definitely hear a slide in pitch with Glide all the way to the left. To me it was very obvious!

Compare to Thor in legato mode with portamento OFF. There is no difference. :)
eXode
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Kriminal wrote:Are you the new Bones? :lol:

Next he'll be calling people idiots........ :mrgreen:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Vitaly » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 am

Antidote and DUNE are not preset compatible. You cannot share presets between Antidote and DUNE...

it's a pity!
Do not twist the handle, if you do not know why you need it!

https://soundcloud.com/vitaly_semenov_semjem
Vitaly
Regular

Postby Christophe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:05 am

they are not the same synth at all :?:
why did you imagine a possible compatibility ?
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Next

Return to Wishlist