Antidote Polyphonic Note ON via CV

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote Polyphonic Note ON via CV

Postby Propellator » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:11 am

It seems our beloved Antidote is not working correctly with polyphonic note on 'messages' via it's Sequencer-IN CV-Jacks.

With every new note, while the last one(s) is(are) held, the Amp-Env is retriggering, which is not the case with inbuilt Reason devices.
This is important to work correctly with devices like e.g. 'Charlotte' or 'RPG8' (arpeggiation turned off)
Propellator
Novice

Re: Antidote Polyphonic Note ON via CV

Postby Richard » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 am

CVs are not polyphonic in REs. They only carry a single signal, just like an audio cable does, so it works exactly like in analog hardware. I doubt that inbuilt Reason devices differ in that regard, as I've seen polyphonic CVs requested a couple of times on the PH forum. But since you mention the Amp Env most likely you mean something else anyway- if you send us a .reason file showing where it differs, we'll look into it :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Propellator » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey Richard!

Of course you're absolutely right, proper polyphonic CV is not there, but there is the behavior to not close the gate, if notes are added together to a chord, one after the other. Each one of those transmits its own velocity level, and launches it's own amp-envelope in the attached synth, but you can not turn those notes off one by one, only all at once, when the gate closes.

I don't know if this behaviour is so well documented by Propellerheads, and I think most users and developers don't know about it!
Actually also I learned about all of those details only yesterday, when I was reading the manual to 'the Charlotte' envelope-generator, and tried it for myself.

A few months ago, I tried AutoArp and was stunned about the fact it can output chords with one note and one gate CV. When it was released, I read the authors comment in the PUF, that it does this by really quickly sending the notes one after the other, so you won't notice it wasn't at the EXACT same time.
But I tried it only with my goto-synth, Antidote! ;)
And I was disappointed it doesn't trigger an amp-envelope for each note. Now I know why! ^^

Just try the file I attached, play each sequencer lane and compare them all :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Propellator
Novice

Postby Propellator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi Richard!

Any news? :)

Many THX*
Propellator
Novice

Postby Propellator » Fri May 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Richard,

Can you give us an update on this?

THX*h
Propellator
Novice

Postby meowsqueak » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 pm

I believe this is fixed now - we asked Synapse to fix it for AutoTheory.
meowsqueak
Novice

Postby Richard » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes this is fixed in the latest Version v1.2.1.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports