DUNE 2 is out!

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: DUNE 2 is out!

Postby zvenx » Fri May 02, 2014 5:14 pm

hi,
Just upgraded to Dune 2...... happens with both demo and full version.
Windows 7 64bit SP1.

(I did a Microsoft Update this am for IE 11 if this helps, it did once for an NI bug :-))

running 32 bit Nuendo 6, firstly Dune 2 was put in blacklist....fixed that, but when I try to load Dune2 as an instrument nuendo creates midi track but doesn't actually create an instance of Dune 2.

running 64 bit, Nuendo 6 instantly does a crash with log once I try to create an instance of Dune 2 on a fresh project.

thanks
rsp
Nuendo 11|Gigabyte GA X79 UP4 : Intel HEX Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM|Windows 10 64bit|Lynx Two C|Midisport 2x2|UAD-2 Quad|

Cubase 11|MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7|10.14.6|16GB|NI Komplete Audio 6|UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad|
zvenx
Novice

Postby Mark » Fri May 02, 2014 5:26 pm

DaZoid wrote:Toll, Richard! Congrats!

Probiere es gleich mal aus. Dune 1 ist oft in meinen Arragements. Maybe 2 even more often.

:dance:

Dinglish :lol:
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri May 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Kriminal wrote:its called 'legacy' i thnk

Correct.
Mark

Postby junebug » Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 pm

BOUGHT!

This is DEEP, STUNNING, VERSATILE and DELICIOUS!!! -- LOVING IT!!

WHOO-HOO!
:dance:
JUNEBUG
http://www.Electronisounds.com (my samples and loops website)
http://www.PrizmPrime.com (my original music)
https://pro.beatport.com/artist/prizm-prime/389343 (my tracks on BEATPORT)
junebug
Regular

Postby Oberheim » Fri May 02, 2014 5:45 pm

chimp_spanner wrote:Can anyone test their ASIO performance with higher buffer settings? I get a higher average CPU load but a clean sound at lower settings, and a lower CPU load but lots of clicks and pops at higher settings. Specs in signature. Can anyone replicate?

EDIT
Ok i understand now, i have asio on 1024 buffer settings and no clicks and pops. Try change latency compesation in asio settings. I have 1024.
END EDIT

I try demo and i like the sound, UI and very good optimalization with unison voices. The effects are much better and i like the MSEG sections. But one feature request thing about MSEG is allow select more dots for quick change if you want make sharp automation (looks like stairs). Or make allow sharp line type (like stairs). And it is too bad there is only one filter. I excepted at least two.

And amazing FM! The work with your new FM i very like. If i earn money i will upgrade.

PS: sorry for my english.
Last edited by Oberheim on Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oberheim
Novice

Postby Mark » Fri May 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Oberheim wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Can anyone test their ASIO performance with higher buffer settings? I get a higher average CPU load but a clean sound at lower settings, and a lower CPU load but lots of clicks and pops at higher settings. Specs in signature. Can anyone replicate?

You mean modulation rate under settings? If yes i tested all and no clicks and pops. I dont hear differences between them. But i use simple saw, or try make unisono with 520 voices. Btw i have i5 and cpu is high only with this 520 unison voices and play 4 or 5 notes.

I try demo and i like the sound, UI and very good optimalization with unison voices. The effects are much better and i like the MSEG sections. But one feature request thing about MSEG is allow select more dots for quick change if you want make sharp automation (looks like stairs). Or make allow sharp line type (like stairs). And it is too bad there is only one filter. I excepted at least two.

And amazing FM! The work with your new FM i very like. If i earn money i will upgrade.

PS: sorry for my english.

Note that you can 'extend' the FM by using Osc's as a source in the mod matrix. Works best when modulating FM amt A, B, or C and with CPU settings to audio rate.
Mark

Postby chimp_spanner » Fri May 02, 2014 6:35 pm

**EDIT**

I feel like a turkey :lol: restarted, everything is fine. At 256 buffer size, multi-threading on, running some nice big lush pads with no problems. So so happy with this right now.
Lenovo Z500T: i7 3632QM, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1
Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6
Cubase 7.5
chimp_spanner
Novice

Postby Cirque » Fri May 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Congratulations. Beautiful, unique sound!

Take it there is no Scala microtuning as per Dune 1/Orion this time? Or is it planned for the future?
Cirque
Novice

Postby MikeCallon » Fri May 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Good work guys - sounds fantastic :D

A couple of quick questions ....

Where are the polyphonic midi arp files used in some of the presets ? (Eg Dynamic 3 pattern used in the Angels Talking preset) .... would be nice to try the same arp patterns on different presets.

The About box shows Version 2.00, *** BETA TEAM *** - is this the release version ?

Cheers,

Mike
MikeCallon
Novice

Postby BoriZ » Fri May 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Awesome :drool:
BoriZ
Novice

Postby funky koval » Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Absolutely fantastic synth! Upgrade purchased. Thanks for your great work synapse!
funky koval
Regular

Postby AmeyahAudio » Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 pm

Kriminal wrote:its called 'legacy' i thnk

found it right after posting :) that wavetable engine is a dream :music:
really good work on this.

i asked myself, if we could create our own wavetables? or if there is something planned in the future?
AmeyahAudio
Novice

Postby Marcin » Fri May 02, 2014 11:07 pm

MikeCallon wrote:The About box shows Version 2.00, *** BETA TEAM *** - is this the release version ?

A small glitch on the PC full version, which we just fixed - a mini update to v2.01 is available in the service area. This may also fix the Nuendo 64-bit issue some reported.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby MikeCallon » Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Marcin wrote:
MikeCallon wrote:The About box shows Version 2.00, *** BETA TEAM *** - is this the release version ?

A small glitch on the PC full version, which we just fixed - a mini update to v2.01 is available in the service area. This may also fix the Nuendo 64-bit issue some reported.

Man that was quick :D

Any update on the 'missing' Arp patterns used in the presets - can they be included in the next build ?

Cheers,

Mike
MikeCallon
Novice

Postby bones » Sat May 03, 2014 12:55 am

chimp_spanner wrote:Purchased...Cubase is loading...first impressions incoming!

Great, because we're looking forward to what you think more than anything!
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)