Dune 2 Sound Expansion Released Today

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 2 Sound Expansion Released Today

Postby DaZoid » Tue May 13, 2014 3:25 pm

rob_lee wrote:I have at least 4 bass layers in a track i'm doing now, 6-7 leads and 5 pads and that's not it lol.. i will end up with a load more by the time i'm done. Had to stop working on it cause more stuff came in but will get back to it when i have some peace in Germany soon.
Rob

That sounds quite a lot. I'm always reducing the complexity and giving more room for a very well generated generator sound. Friend of mine / friends of mine who are in the business for 20 years and I'd say are excellent producers told me years ago to reduce, which I started to understand during the last couple of years. A few hq generated sounds make up a great track. Kicking out things sometimes is the best way to get to a better result. On the other hand I like to stuff tracks. But it's much harder to get all the sounds working next to each other.

Am almost through with my recent track. Some tweeking. Just kicked two layered Kicks out and used BASSizm instead. It's much punchier and sticks out better in the track. The basses are pretty great so far. Just 2 problems to solve in the spectrum related to 2 instruments.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Well good luck with your track, today I'm just messing with my hardware synths taking a day out :D There will also be a new sound bank for the Novation Supernova II X this summer, that's what i'm working on alongside Dune 2 patches. Also the Maschine expansion out around august this year.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby Yorrrrrr » Wed May 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Waiting impatiently for your next banks of patches. Hopefully you will be able to make with DUNE 2 as good patches as the ones for Sylenth1. Those were excellent.

Nah...I know you WILL.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Thu May 22, 2014 7:26 am

Yorrrrrr wrote:Waiting impatiently for your next banks of patches. Hopefully you will be able to make with DUNE 2 as good patches as the ones for Sylenth1. Those were excellent.

Nah...I know you WILL.

Thanks.. well i have to finalise the Massive bank today and do some demos etc then i'll get back to Dune 2 :D So much to finish before leaving for Germany in 11 days. Next bank out will be N.I Massive then Dune2 volume 2 a couple of weeks later.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Mon May 26, 2014 4:08 pm

A few more days left to get the new expansion at £10.99 volume 2 is coming along nicely.

Get it here: http://www.roblee-music.com

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon May 26, 2014 4:54 pm

rob_lee wrote:A few more days left to get the new expansion at £10.99 volume 2 is coming along nicely.

Rob

My wallet is ready Rob. Bring it on. Looking forward to what else you can do with DUNE 2.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Mon May 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Yorrrrrr wrote:
rob_lee wrote:A few more days left to get the new expansion at £10.99 volume 2 is coming along nicely.

Rob

My wallet is ready Rob. Bring it on. Looking forward to what else you can do with DUNE 2.

Thanks mate i just love this synth.. i'm selling most of my other ones now and then some. Dune 2 comes in only second to my Virus TI2 :D
Think i'll have to finish the next bank in the Bavarian Alps though which will be even more inspiration for some nice new sounds.
May release the next one some time in June cause i wanna do some midi pack for the next bank too :)

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Mon May 26, 2014 5:05 pm

Oh and maybe figure out how to do my own custom wavetables if i find a nice software for mac.
rob_lee
Regular

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon May 26, 2014 6:05 pm

rob_lee wrote:Thanks mate i just love this synth.. i'm selling most of my other ones now and then some. Dune 2 comes in only second to my Virus TI2 :D

Rob...just out of curiousity...which other synths you feel are not neccessary now that you have DUNE 2? What do you think about, for example, Sylenth1 in comparison? What is lacking in DUNE 2 to get match or surpass the Virus TI 2?

Other thing: please include as many new patches as possible in Vol. 2, PLEASE :D. I find them pretty inspirational, and I always do some reverse engineering on them. Maybe I'll learn to design my own sounds, taking yours as awesome examples. Hopefully they will be as good as yours.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Mon May 26, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Mon May 26, 2014 6:40 pm

Yorrrrrr wrote:Rob...just out of curiousity...which other synths you feel are not neccesary now that you have DUNE 2? What do you think of Sylenth1 in comparison?

Ok well that's a good question cause what's good for me might not be good for you vice versa BUT i have a few synths such as Sylenth, Spire, Zebra, Diva, Ace, Massive etc etc etc however i'm selling Spire as it sounds okay but i like Dune 2 way better and i like Dune 2 better then most of what i own. In fact i'll say out now that Dune 2 is my top go to synth (software) I can't see why you'd need anything else really, just depends on what suits you.

I. mostly in to my hardware synths but that's another story (i have many) but for music production, serious stuff i'll use Dune 2 and the Virus plus Bass Station 2.

There's just not another synth out there that feels as comfortable to use as Dune 2. The thing is just a doodle to program and a pleasure to use imo.

As for FX plug-ins, don't believe all the hype on forums about what's better than what. Now i only use plug-ins etc included with Logic X. I think all hosts have good plug-ins and fx so that's another tip :-) Use the ones in your daw.

I'll be getting the Analog Rytm shortly to round off my hardware setup so i'm looking forward to that MUCHO :D

Finally Dune 2 should do you for what you need.. don't go splashing out on not needed synths, at the end of the day you have invested in a gem here and it sounds BIG!

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Tue May 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Here's a link to a post i just made with the FREE Dune 1 presets.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=257&t=412439

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby powermat » Tue May 27, 2014 3:23 pm

The warmth of this synth is amazing, especially with subtle automation. I find myself neglecting my other purchases, as well.
powermat
Novice

Postby rob_lee » Tue May 27, 2014 6:57 pm

powermat wrote:The warmth of this synth is amazing, especially with subtle automation. I find myself neglecting my other purchases, as well.

Well iv'e sold a few soft synth over the last couple of days just because i don't see a need for them since Dune 2. I hardly have any software now, only Komplete 9 and about 2 others. I just don't need anything else but Dune 2 and the above mentioned plus my hardware. You all might as well save your money and stick to Synapse software cause i can only see more top notch products coming out in future.

PS

The reverb in Dune 2 alone is my fav among any soft synth out there.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby Richard » Tue May 27, 2014 7:49 pm

rob_lee wrote:Here's a link to a post i just made with the FREE Dune 1 presets.

Rob

Awesome Rob!! Those banks are a must for Dune 1 users ihmo :D
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby rob_lee » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:44 am

Richard wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Here's a link to a post i just made with the FREE Dune 1 presets.

Rob

Awesome Rob!! Those banks are a must for Dune 1 users ihmo :D

Thanks Richard and hello from Germany :D Will continue with my second bank tonight but today i hit the beer bars for afternoon fill of Bavarian beer and turkish kebab lol.

Iv'e left the new bank at £10.99 till i get back to the UK.
All the best

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)