Dune 2 voice 2,3,4... reset

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 2 voice 2,3,4... reset

Postby VisionHD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:52 am

Hello,

Another question: Sometimes I forget to select the exact voice that I want to edit, so the button ALL stays selected.
When I click solo voice 2 for example and want to edit voice to after I create sound with the button selected, the voice 2 stays the same as voice 1. Is there a way to reset voice 2,3,4... to init patch and start designing new sound layer from scratch?
VisionHD
Novice

Re: Dune 2 voice 2,3,4... reset

Postby VisionHD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:07 am

Bump???

Maybe my post was cunfusing. What I meant was if I start to create new patch with ALL button selected, dune 2 creates the same patch for all 8 voices. Then I want to erase the second voice, for example, and start that sound layer from scratch, without having to reset all parameters to initial state.

???
VisionHD
Novice

Postby Christophe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 am

use copy paste voice
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby VisionHD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 am

Thanks, but it is already the same voice. I only want to reset voice number 2, for example. Lets say I have 8 same voices on all 8 layers. I want to edit voice 2 from scratch. But how to initialize only one voice?
VisionHD
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 am

Hmmmm per Voice INIT is not a bad idea but not currently possible. Just start with "Initialize Patch" and don't use the All button but instead program each layer independently. :)

We had a discussion about this same issue and moving the All button was mentioned but I think it just comes down to self discipline and getting in the habit of making sure you're editing the right voice. I frequently forget to check to make sure I am editing the correct voice but I don't think there is a solution from the software side....it has to come from the user side. Having the voice button auto select when you solo it would be an option but you can solo more than one voice at a time but can only edit one voice at a time or All so that wouldn't work............ :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby VisionHD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:03 am

Teksonik wrote:Hmmmm per Voice INIT is not a bad idea but not currently possible. Just start with "Initialize Patch" and don't use the All button but instead program each layer independently. :)

We had a discussion about this same issue and moving the All button was mentioned but I think it just comes down to self discipline and getting in the habit of making sure you're editing the right voice. I frequently forget to check to make sure I am editing the correct voice but I don't think there is a solution from the software side....it has to come from the user side. Having the voice button auto select when you solo it would be an option but you can solo more than one voice at a time but can only edit one voice at a time or All so that wouldn't work............ :?

I guess I knew it, but wanted to hear some workaround... Like I said, Im very experienced with music and audio software, but I want to take everything to higher level, including mastering and making my own patches/sound design. DUNE 2 is my starting point :)

I would like to have right click on desired voice - Reset/Init Voice :)
VisionHD
Novice

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:06 am

You can copy-paste voices between instances of DUNE 2, so just open up a fresh instance, initialise the patch on that instance and then copy-paste from there.
Mark

Postby VisionHD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:07 am

Mark wrote:You can copy-paste voices between instances of DUNE 2, so just open up a fresh instance, initialise the patch on that instance and then copy-paste from there.

That's the workaround :) Thanks!
VisionHD
Novice

Postby Christophe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm

i should have add "between instance" :oops:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby VisionHD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Christophe wrote:i should have add "between instance" :oops:

Hahahaha just missed it :) I first thought that you didnt understand my post :)
VisionHD
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm

"Init Selected Voice" should be an easy parameter to add in a future version of DUNE 2.....or not. Only Rich and Marcin would know for sure. Certainly a more elegant solution that requiring the use of two instances

Also the ability to edit more than one voice would be nice. You could edit All or just one Voice or for example Voices 4,5, and 6 while leaving voices 1,2, and 3 unedited. :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Teksonik wrote:Also the ability to edit more than one voice would be nice. You could edit All or just one Voice or for example Voices 4,5, and 6 while leaving voices 1,2, and 3 unedited. :)

just copy/paste would work for that too....if you are editing 3 voices at once, they will all sound the same, so editing 1 and copying that to the other too would be simple enough.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Sure Copy/Paste would work but wouldn't it be easier just to select the Voices you want to edit and off you go ? You can hear the results instantaneously without having to Copy/Paste then make a small edit....then Copy and Paste...over and over.

Then we might be able to link the Solo Buttons with the Voice buttons. Solo Voices 1,2, 3 and that selects all three for editing. You could have an on/off switch for that behavior as well.........

Certainly not the most important feature request for DUNE 2 but something I'd probably use.

Ok I'm off to watch the USA lose to Belgium.......... :lol:

EDIT: Good Lord I can't believe the crowds that are gathering all over the country to watch this match.....I've never seen this level of interest in the World Cup here........ :shock:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Out of interest, why would you want 2, 3 or 4 voices the same?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 am

Kriminal wrote:Out of interest, why would you want 2, 3 or 4 voices the same?

Why would you want all 8 Voices the same (All Button) ?

Say you want to set up some voices to the FM engine. I can imagine setting up all three at once and then going to each voice to tweak pitch etc.......

Or if you wanted to load a specific Wavetable in just a few Voices at one time without having to Copy/Paste each time. Then again going into each individual Voice to do more detailed edits.
So in short to do bulk edits on more than one Voice without having to use Copy/Paste.

As it is now if you are on the All button and load a Wavetable it loads in all 8 voices even if you don't ever intend to use all those voices.
Teksonik
Godlike

Next

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)