Is Dune 1 going to get updated Browser (like v2)?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Is Dune 1 going to get updated Browser (like v2)?

Postby themachinelt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 am

Dune 1 is still a good synth to work with, but its bank/present management is a bit of a bummer.

I really hope Dune 1 will get some update.
themachinelt
Novice

Re: Is Dune 1 going to get updated Browser (like v2)?

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 am

I would have thought that unlikely. Personally, I like the v1 approach more than v2, but I'm a bit weird like that :lol:
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:52 am

EDIT: Never mind I found my D1 patches in Synapse Audio/Orion 8/Presets/Plugins/DUNE...........

And yes I don't remember version 1 of a plugin ever getting an update after version 2 was released. Not just Synapse plugins but any developer's plugins........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Thats a shame, tho im hoping developers will update Dune 1. Its still a great synth with thick sound.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 pm

They did update it, its called Dune 2.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby themachinelt » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Kriminal wrote:They did update it, its called Dune 2.

Its a new VST, not just update :) Updates usually can read old presets too... :)
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:17 pm

themachinelt wrote:im hoping developers will update Dune 1

I hope they don't. I'd rather they spend their time updating DUNE 2 or working on a completely new project......... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:50 am

Teksonik wrote:
themachinelt wrote:im hoping developers will update Dune 1

I hope they don't. I'd rather they spend their time updating DUNE 2 or working on a completely new project......... :wink:

Updating browser isnt something that would require some sort of research. It is done, just in v2. I dont think its so hard to implament same browser to Dune v1.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby willdahbe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:54 pm

That would be a horrible waste of resources. They need to address other issues and add more features to Dune2. For instance allowing midi access to all parameters in Dune2 like Osc Density, Wavetable Selection, Voice selection and Synthesis Type. Also creating a custom wavetable tool for OSX will be nice.

I've yet to receive any replies back from support on any of the issues previously stated and find it rather off putting. As much as I love Dune2 I will gladly take my business elsewhere on future purchases.
willdahbe
Novice

Postby themachinelt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:22 pm

willdahbe wrote:That would be a horrible waste of resources. They need to address other issues and add more features to Dune2. For instance allowing midi access to all parameters in Dune2 like Osc Density, Wavetable Selection, Voice selection and Synthesis Type. Also creating a custom wavetable tool for OSX will be nice.

I've yet to receive any replies back from support on any of the issues previously stated and find it rather off putting. As much as I love Dune2 I will gladly take my business elsewhere on future purchases.

Why its a horrible waste of recources? I do not really think it would take alot of time to do this. The presets are in FXP, same like Dune 2, just different way of loading them.

Dune 2 is not an update, even the sound is different. You cant recreate even the patches so they would sound the same.

I myself have both Dune 1 and Dune 2. And i still use Dune 1, it has different sound wich i cant mimic on Dune 2 even it shares alot of parameters.
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:41 pm

willdahbe wrote:I've yet to receive any replies back from support on any of the issues previously stated and find it rather off putting. As much as I love Dune2 I will gladly take my business elsewhere on future purchases.

Wow I didn't see this when it was originally posted. Come on guys you need to start monitoring your official Support Forums....
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:01 pm

themachinelt wrote:Why its a horrible waste of recources?

Well I too have DUNE 1 and haven't used it once since getting DUNE 2. So from this side of the fence I'd rather they spend time on D2 or a new product. Lately, I get the feeling that time is one resource Synapse has little of........... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)