Some Feature Request for Dune 2

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Some Feature Request for Dune 2

Postby terrablue » Fri May 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello,

I bought just Dune 2. A fantastic synth. I also have quite a few feature requests.

1. A VST3 version would be nice.

2. a sound browser such as in U-He Diva, Hive, Waldorf NAVE or Tone 2 Electra. 2

3. An additional sample oscillator.

4. A resizable GUI.
terrablue
Novice

Re: Some Feature Request for Dune 2

Postby Cinebient » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am

Just read this yet and i def. would agree with a simple sample OSC. Even just pitched one shot samples can do wonder, especially in an multi-timbral synth!
Resizable UI would be awwesome as well for me!

However, i ask me now if there is any further developement planned for Dune 2. Support from sound designers, customers and developers itself seems a bit low. It would be a shame because that synth can produce some of the best sounds i heard. It just feels a bit abandoned and underrrated for me. Even no sign of official answers about (possible) bugs etc. here.
I think i will wait a few months and give up otherwise on it! Just adding EDM patch banks is not enough.... in my worthless opinion.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:56 am

I actually really doubt there would be further development on an already cemented synth. Any ideas collected would most likely go into developing an another synth at some point. But I do think you can expect bug fixes though.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Cinebient wrote:I think i will wait a few months and give up otherwise on it!

Why would you "give up on it" when:

Cinebient wrote: that synth can produce some of the best sounds i heard.

:?:

Cinebient wrote:Even no sign of official answers about (possible) bugs etc. here.

I have to agree that Synapse's lack of participation on it's Company Forums is unsettling. Yes I know we are all busy but disconnecting from your user base is not how you grow your user base. :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby cr7skills11 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:00 pm

if i wanted a sample osc i wouldve bought serum ,

i dont even want to know how much time i would waste on that feature, ( dont even get me started on the wt editor )
id probably be late to work everyday

throw the damn sample into ableton simpler and move on ,

thats just my opinion on that.
cr7skills11
Novice

Postby Cinebient » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I think i will wait a few months and give up otherwise on it!

Why would you "give up on it" when:

Cinebient wrote: that synth can produce some of the best sounds i heard.

:?:

Cinebient wrote:Even no sign of official answers about (possible) bugs etc. here.

I have to agree that Synapse's lack of participation on it's Company Forums is unsettling. Yes I know we are all busy but disconnecting from your user base is not how you grow your user base. :wink:

Of course it's nonsense to give up on it complete ;) I just mean take time to create free patch banks and so. Not that anybody cares but i find in general the support from sound designers compared to other (not so good synths) not so good. Not sure why :?:
Last edited by Cinebient on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Cinebient » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:26 pm

cr7skills11 wrote:if i wanted a sample osc i wouldve bought serum ,

i dont even want to know how much time i would waste on that feature, ( dont even get me started on the wt editor )
id probably be late to work everyday

throw the damn sample into ableton simpler and move on ,

thats just my opinion on that.

Serum can't import samples direct in the OSC... it can use samples to create a wavetable. Indeed, it's a great synth too!
Of course i have some great tools like the new Alchemy (2.0) inside Logic and Omnisphere 2 and some others which can do this but it's just a wish to have this also in Dune 2.
But funny that often when you ask something people say.... "why would you want this"..... i just say.... "why not"! :mrgreen:
Of course one synth can't do everything but one synth could try it some day :drool:
At least an included wavetable editor would be really very useful since it's a pain in the arse (at least for a noob like me) to create new wavetables for Dune 2. I didn't find any proper software for OSX.... so if anyone can recommend.... please!
Serum and Nave f.e. can do this but i like the OSC from Dune 2 much more. Even with Dune's smaller wavetables i really love the things you can do with it. Adding a lot more wavetables would open the option for sound design a lot. If i just had a proper tool for it...
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:39 pm

Cinebient wrote:the support from sound designers compared to other (not so good synths) not so good. Not sure why :?:

I'm not sure why either. DUNE 1 had a ton of third party soundsets. Maybe it will just take time.

There is a Wavetable tool for DUNE2 but I don't think it was ever released and I'm not sure if there is Mac version. You could try sending a PM to Richard and see if he will send you a copy.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby dune2_user » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:35 am

Now when version 2.5 was released there are 750 factory presets.
It would be great if users could mark some presets as favorites, like can be done in many VSTs done by U-he and other companies. When viewing preset list favorites would be shown with a star icon or something similar.

It's much easier to find the best presets this way when you can go through banks and mark the best sounds for later use.
dune2_user
Novice

Return to Wishlist