about the noise , new discovery

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: about the noise , new discovery

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

As long as the Sampler remains locked to Orion there's not point in working on it any further. But I was thinking the other day why not strip some of the effects and instruments out of Orion and make them VST's in a bundle or separately ? The CV-82 and RNA-160 Comps etc........Sampler, Ultran........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Rich has introduced so many FX in betas i havent a clue what is what. I still use the old stuff. It does the job. I doubt any of Orions FX or Synths would sell a single copy as VST's, they just dont have the WOW factor ppl ex ppl want today. Wasp kills most VA's soundwise, but its 'too limited' for most ppl. Quality dooesnt count for much these days...ppl want options :lol:

I dunno, some ppl think 'sounds' are more important than the song...
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Kriminal wrote:Quality dooesnt count for much these days...ppl want options :lol:

It's possible to have quality and options. DUNE 2 is a perfect example. It's twice the quality and ten times the options of Wasp.

Kriminal wrote:I dunno, some ppl think 'sounds' are more important than the song...

But most people know that songs are made up of 'sounds'....... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Kriminal wrote:The more complex stuff gets, the less interest i have in it. (Yeah yeah...blah blah)
I would prefer a really good update to the sampler. (Never gonna happen) Better than Sampler2, thats a poor update imo.

There are enough simple synths out there all across different platforms.
Sample import is still easy to use but opens immense things for sound design. I like tools which can create very simple but also very complex sounds if i want.
I mean i have plenty of "simple" synths on my iPad which can create sometimes more interesting and faster things as some of the desktop super synths i have. So i get what you say but i always can imagine more.... why not?
Kriminal wrote:One synth cannot do everything, ever. If you dont like what it currently does, dont buy it.

You have to be a total idiot to buy a synth on the off chance it will eventually become the 'best ever in the world'

If you buy something, you quite literally 'get what you paid for'

Maybe i am an idiot.....can live with it! We live in the future where things have to evolve.
Dune 2 is great and was worth the price but it could be even better..... the earth is no disc.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Here's the Orion Compressors I was talking about.

I don't know how much "wow factor" a Compressor needs but I think it might be worth releasing them as VST's. Now I don't know if these are plugins created with the VST SDK and are just locked to Orion or if these are some sort of "native" plugins. If it's just a matter of removing the "locked to Orion" code it might not be that much work to turn them into VST's that can be used in any host. The DSP code and graphics are already in place. If it's a matter of completely re-writing the code then no I don't think it would be worth the time. I'm not saying sell them for a lot of money but being able to generate some income from parts of Orion doesn't sound like a bad idea.......but again only if it would be a simple task to strip them out and create VST versions.

These are already VST's. Why not bundle them up and sell them for a few dollars/pounds/euros ?

Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:52 am

Teksonik wrote:Here's the Orion Compressors I was talking about.

I don't know how much "wow factor" a Compressor needs...

Probably the same thing as with EQ... visual representations and stuff. The heck I know :P :lol:
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:37 pm

It just seems a shame to let these die along with Orion. I'm not saying they would sell for big money but a few dollars here and there couldn't hurt....... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby kmatm » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I used the CV-82 all the time, it's my 'go to' compressor.

I didn't know there were other effects as VSTs. No LFO on the AF-4 filter?
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:51 pm

No LFO.........talk to Richard........ :P

I think they were included in the latest Public Beta but I could be mistaken.

My point is they already exist. Why not sell them as a low price bundle ? Or give them away to those here who still use Orion or to those who purchase Dune 1 or 2 ? Or give them away at KVR to generate good will towards Synapse ?

Maybe Synapse doesn't want to worry about supporting them or maybe Richard just doesn't think they are his best work. I think they are of high quality.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there are parts of Orion that are worth saving rather than just letting them die.......maybe I'm alone in thinking this......seems a shame for all that work to just fade away. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Bug Reports