Can't Install Dune 2 with Cubase 8 (Mac) [SOLVED]

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Can't Install Dune 2 with Cubase 8 (Mac)

Postby Marcin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 am

Well, I've now tried writing to marcin and Marcin

I've sent you PM. Please reply on e-mail provided in the PM.

Still doesnt explain why its all done in secret....

At some point it must be like that. We usually ask for some user's individual informations/configurations, and we believe noone would like to publish any of these, otherwise like I said, in every case the problem is different, so far.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Kriminal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:08 am

Surely the serial is the only info that you dont want to post? This crops up so much there must be some common factors you could publically advise?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Kriminal wrote:If a user needs additional files, the installer is faulty. I doubt thats the case. User error is more probable, so public instructions are a better solution.

In general I'd agree with that. But I'm not talking about additional files, I'm talking about the modified files that work for specific users. Although I'm using the last beta version, my Orion executable file was also modified by Richard with a different buffering settings, which was introduced to solve problems the rest of you were having.

So, in short, I get the secrecy if it involves sending files over to users, but I'm all for transparency if it's a solution that can be worked out - as in, give users to try out things and see if something works. I think those things should be public.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby sramsay » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 am

I don't see a way to re-edit the subject line as "solved," but it did get solved (with Marcin's help).

In the end, it came down to refreshing the VST instruments tab in the Plugin Manager (though it took a few iterations to get there). Not sure why my otherwise clean setup didn't like Dune 2. It was the only plugin in my collection that it didn't like.
sramsay
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 am

sramsay wrote:I don't see a way to re-edit the subject line as "solved," but it did get solved (with Marcin's help).

Done :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)