Relocating Dune 2 Presets

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Relocating Dune 2 Presets

Postby DonnieAlan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:10 pm

I seem to be having some computer issues today, so if this is a repeat, I apologize! I use Dune 2 on a Win-7 system. The default seems to be for the presets, user patches, and any 3rd party patch presets to be stored on the OS drive in the Documents area. I normally try to keep all my VI patch libraries on a separate drive. But I can't find a way to tell Dune 2 to look for the patch libraries in a different place, and can't find it explained in the manual either. Is this possible to do, and how do I do it? Thank you.
DonnieAlan
Novice

Re: Relocating Dune 2 Presets

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:09 pm

It's not possible. DUNE2 will always read and store in the Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 2 for skins, soundbanks and wavetables.

The only thing you can do is relocate the entire Documents folder somewhere else.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Re: Relocating Dune 2 Presets

Postby DonnieAlan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:It's not possible. DUNE2 will always read and store in the Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 2 for skins, soundbanks and wavetables.

The only thing you can do is relocate the entire Documents folder somewhere else.

Well, I guess that's that, as they say! Thanks for the info. Dune 2 isn't the only one that does this. Oh, well, small price to pay for such a dynamic VI!
DonnieAlan
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)