DUNE 2 Getting Trashed

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: DUNE 2 Getting Trashed

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:46 am

Perhaps some of this things will be addressed in the incoming big update? Richard told the nitpickers would shut up.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 am

Yorrrrrr wrote:Perhaps some of this things will be addressed in the incoming big update? Richard told the nitpickers would shut up.

The thing is in many cases there is nothing to "address". Either people are simply wrong about DUNE 2 not doing this or that or they simply don't know what they are doing........... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 am

Teksonik wrote:
Mark wrote:What matters most should be what YOU think :)

Well to Synapse it should matter most what potential customers think of DUNE 2 and reading such negative comments can only have a negative effect on sales. Sure most people will try the demo of a synth that interests them before buying but reading "weak", "dull", "not snappy", "not punchy", etc, etc may cause people to not even bother trying the demo. Those of us who already own DUNE 2 know those things aren't true but someone who has never tried DUNE 2 will not........

All I can say is if Synapse were my company and DUNE 2 were one of my flagship products I would care what is being said.
:wink:

Sure, but what I meant is that, at KvR and other fora, there will always be types that want to denigrate for whatever reason. Not much you can do in those cases other than say that you disagree without getting in to a mudslinging competition.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:07 am

Mark wrote:Not much you can do in those cases other than say that you disagree without getting in to a mudslinging competition.

If DUNE 2 were my product I'd be slinging mud.......... :lol: Or at least explaining from the viewpoint of the developer why most of the negative things said about Orion are incorrect.

Yorrrrrr wrote: Someone says: "Dune2 is great but have bad filters for me.

Here's a perfect example. DUNE 2's filters are of course not "bad" so there is nothing to "address". Maybe more filters but the ones included are of the highest quality. I own dozens of synth plugins and DUNE 2's filters can compete with the best of them.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby themachinelt » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:10 am

I hope there will be a sample import in a new update. That would make Dune 2 just even more powerful. Resynthesis...
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Of course DUNE 2 can already import samples although as you know they are very short and therefore can only contain so much information (which is why many sound so much alike).

I assume you mean sample import such as the .sfz format which would really take DUNE to a new galaxy but I wouldn't count on it being added although the DUNE/.sfz Osc code combination already exists in Zampler.

I think it would make more sense from a financial standpoint for Synapse to create a new synth with .sfz import but hey what the heck do I know........... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:41 pm

I said on KVR somewhere that Dune 2 seems to have the best and most smooth interpolation between the waveforms in the wavetables. Even Serum, Falcon and Nave have a more "stepping" sound also with resolution set to the highest when you morph trough a wavetable.
So even when Dune can just use 64 waveforms inside a wavetable it´s the best wavetable synth for me.
Bad filters? LOL....learn to use them, they are fantastic! Then the included FX are one of the best inside a synth (especially the reverb). But we all know.... haters gonna hate and bla bla bla...
But i still need that wavetable editor NOW!! Even a simple sample OSC (one shot or looped sounds) would be a big step forward. It open such a huge world for additional sound design.
Then i miss still MPE midi.... i know it´s maybe too complex but even Falcon let me do it. Or it would be great if Dune 2 would let me switch from a normal midi to a MPE mode (like Aalto and Kaivo f.e.). I could use each layer for a channel so i could use at least 8 polyhony expressions and someone (me included) could make patches especially for this kind of things! Vector based UI would be great too.
I´m already in the wishlist again :mrgreen: Sorry.
However, Dune 2 is my Nr. 2 go to synth at the moment for all kind of synthetic sounds.... Equator gone straight to my favourite due to the best and most usable UI and workflow ever.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby bones » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:11 am

Did you get a Roli keyboard? What's it like? Does it play like a normal keyboard or does it take some getting used to. Does Equator work on PC? From their website it seems to be Mac only.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Cinebient » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:23 am

bones wrote:Did you get a Roli keyboard? What's it like? Does it play like a normal keyboard or does it take some getting used to. Does Equator work on PC? From their website it seems to be Mac only.

I got my Seaboard Rise a few days ago. Since i´m coming from an iPhone and iPad based music production with touch screens and apps like Animoog which already uses this kind of expression since years i was waiting for an affordable thing like this. Of course a Seaboard goes much further here too.
2 octaves on the Rise can be of course a limiting thing but i can live with it.
You can use the Seabords also as normal master midi keyboard but once you play with all the options you will never look back :D
(at least i do). The build quality is just fantastic.
I would say it´s just a whole new kind of instrument. You won´t play it like a normal keyboard.
It´s for sure not for everyone but for me personnally the combination from the software and hardware is the most "musical" thing i ever touched yet! I absolutly love it! :drool:
There is also a windows version as well to download from my account. Only the midi via bluetooth just works with at least OSX Yosemite and iOS 8 or higher.
They also will release an iPhone version which uses the new 3D touch for the polyphonic pressure and all the other 5 dimensions of expression (strike, glide, slide, pressure, lift). But it seems more a player rather than the full synth.
I´m thinking myself about a switch to a touch based windows tablet pc since the iPad pro is a joke for me and Logic´s bugs f.... me up. Apple seems to don´t care about such things.
I felt in love with Bitwig!
Cinebient
Regular

Postby bones » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:56 am

I will absolutely play it like a normal keyboard. I don't do hideous dance music, I hate all that knob-twiddling krap. I just like the way the Rise looks.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:00 am

Doesnt look like it plays like a normal keyboard... looks like a hideous rubber thing for people who are obsessed with aftertouch. Great for whale music, not so good for ebm basslines....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Cinebient » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:38 pm

Kriminal wrote:Doesnt look like it plays like a normal keyboard... looks like a hideous rubber thing for people who are obsessed with aftertouch. Great for whale music, not so good for ebm basslines....

You need no keyboard at all for this.
The world is not a plate!
And i'm obsessed with multi aftertouch, yes! Don't want to stay in the past!
Cinebient
Regular

Postby junebug » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:58 pm

Kriminal wrote:I think not having a WT creator might have killed of a lot of 3rd party soundbanks

INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!

where is the WT editor??? It's been talked about how "it's in creation" for well over a year...

Whether you love SERUM or hate it, the WT creation/editing/tweaking functions on it are stellar -
if DUNE 2 had anything even close to that - it would be unstoppable.

;)
JUNEBUG
http://www.Electronisounds.com (my samples and loops website)
http://www.PrizmPrime.com (my original music)
https://pro.beatport.com/artist/prizm-prime/389343 (my tracks on BEATPORT)
junebug
Regular

Postby bones » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 am

Cinebient wrote:You need no keyboard at all for this.

Unless you want to get up and perform your music in front of an audience without looking like a knob-end, in which case playing an instrument is definitely an important part of the performance. But you still haven't answered my question - can you play it like a normal keyboard? i.e. is the key spacing the same as a proper keyboard and does it hurt your fingers if you bash the keys hard.
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Cinebient » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:15 am

It doesn´t hurt my fingers. The key(waves) have a normal size. However, it´s a very different feel. Weird but interesting too :)
I like it so far!
Cinebient
Regular

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)