Mod Matrix FR for Dune 2

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Mod Matrix FR for Dune 2

Postby JayFugotti » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:02 pm

I'd love to have a "Vel greater than 120" modulation source in addition to the existant "Vel greater than 100".

As an ex: just earlier I was trying to trick a Synth bass preset of mine into behaving like a trad slap funk bass, whereas hitting really hard at peak vel triggers a type of neo-slap sound (here delay turned down, filter drive and resonant up etc). I used the greater than 100 source. But that really cuts into the heart of the normal velocity range.

I could think of so many other fun sound design examples (think working with a trad sampler, like Kontakt, where one reserves that tip top vel layer for all sorts of nuanced and not-so-nuanced mayham/expressiveness/badassery).
JayFugotti
Novice

Re: Mod Matrix FR for Dune 2

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 am

JayFugotti wrote:I'd love to have a "Vel greater than 120" modulation source in addition to the existant "Vel greater than 100".

As an ex: just earlier I was trying to trick a Synth bass preset of mine into behaving like a trad slap funk bass, whereas hitting really hard at peak vel triggers a type of neo-slap sound (here delay turned down, filter drive and resonant up etc). I used the greater than 100 source. But that really cuts into the heart of the normal velocity range.

I could think of so many other fun sound design examples (think working with a trad sampler, like Kontakt, where one reserves that tip top vel layer for all sorts of nuanced and not-so-nuanced mayham/expressiveness/badassery).

Just a thought, I haven't tried this, but what about using Vel>100 to control the amount of Vel>100 in the mod matrix? So:

1 Vel>100 0 Filter Cutoff
2 Vel>100 50 Mod Matrix 1

Obviously change the 50 to taste :)

It should work. Let me know 8)
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:01 pm

I just tested this. It works :D
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Here's a zip file with a bass patch, a sfs file for Orion users and a mp3 for non-Orion users :)

MH Vel100 mod.zip

Edit: you'll need my sine phase change wavetable for this (OPL3 1.wt). If you don't have it, it's here: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/index.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Postby JayFugotti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:56 pm

Hey - cool workaround idea! Looking forward to experimenting with this. Thanks :D
JayFugotti
Novice

Return to Wishlist