upgraded to orion 8.6 and problems.

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

upgraded to orion 8.6 and problems.

Postby fea » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi.
So i just upgraded to orion 8.6 from 7.62. Loaded orion and everything looked fine. Configured audio and midi settings, all fine. I opened my latest project and noticed that i couldnt see any samplers, vst:s or effects. Clicked mixer console and moved it little and all generators appeared. Kk, so just some kind of loading latency or something. My project is kinda big. I tried to go to audio output settings and orion freezes. like it started to load audio output settings but setting window didnt open. Pressed esc and i could use orion again. So next i tried to stream my track to wav and that window didnt open. Again it seems its open because i coudnt do anything and when clikking mouse i hear windows error sound. Then I press enter and it opens window where i could save my track. So i didnt see window where I could choose to stream my track to one wav or every generator to different wav file. When I start new track I dont have these problems. I bought new computer not so long ago and I shoul have enough memory and fast enough cpu. Anyone else having this kind of problems and how to solve it?

I just installed v.8.5 and theres no this kind of problem!
eV3r sE3n fIr3 in Zer0 gr4viTy
fea
Novice

Re: upgraded to orion 8.6 and problems.

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Did you install over the older version or to a new folder?
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:22 pm

If I remember, some people have reported that, but I'm not sure if it was reproducible on a large scale to warrant a doable fix for it. But in general, what was happening is dialog boxes opening behind Orion's main window or something like that. I think there's been reports that Alt+Tab switching worked in some cases. Could be what's happening to you as well.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby fea » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:44 pm

I installed it over old folder.
ok ty for help. going to try and install v8.6 again.

installed 8.6 and can now find those missing windows, just press alt and those appear.
still when loading my big project cant see generators before I move mixer console little or something like that.. and overall 8.6 feels somehow lagging.. would like that track freeze option but looks like im going on with 8.5 for now. theres not so much in 8.6 that I need atm.
fea
Novice

Postby ufo » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm

The issue is a naughty VST. When the project opens any dialogs that require your input to move forward are behind all other windows.
If your project opens and appears to be frozen, hit the Alt key and the current dialog will move to front.
This also seems to affect menus, where you need to click on an item to open the sub menu etc.

I discovered only last week the culprit in my system was CAMELSPACE VST!
I rendered the channel out and deleted the vst and the project returned to normal operation.
I discovered this issue was with 3 seperate projectsa (one was very old) and the removal of Camelspace vst
corrected this bug in all instances.

Let the hunt begin!!!!
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby fea » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:15 am

Wonder why this problem doesnt exist in v7.62 or 8.5.
fea
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm

fea wrote:Wonder why this problem doesnt exist in v7.62 or 8.5.

It's simple. You make changes from one version to another, different and/or new bugs appear, and some just happen go under the radar undetected.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Don't give up for now 8) You should go and find out which VST(s) are causing the trouble. Then you could try this:
For sure, make a backup of your songs etc. Try to open a song, click "save as" and reload Orion (I always do that between loading songs because... hm, I think I had some bad expiriences, especially with the Virus Ti2 + its VST). Open the song and see if it works. If not, delete the VST, save and load again. If that works, try to add the fresh VST and if you save and that works, you are lucky :)
Then you just have to copy the VST settings by hand, we will see...
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:15 am

Alternatively, you could merge one generator at a time until it crashes. Then once the plugin is known, temporarily remove it from the vsti directory and open the sfs. Once opened, save it again, then put the plugin back in the directory :)
Solid Technica
Regular

Return to Bug Reports