Dune2 not loading fx settings correctly

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune2 not loading fx settings correctly

Postby hlrf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:09 am

In this patch I used both the two FX buses and noticed that, after project song being re-opened, the setting was not retained correctly until I opened the plug-in GUI. Dune 2 would respond with a short period of glitch and finally load up the settings.

Uploaded is two project files from Ableton and Logic. To reproduce the issue, start playing right after loading the project song; while it is making sounds, open the Dune 2 plug-in window, and notice the change in sound.

*EDIT: thanks for checking it out, glad it'll be fixed.
Last edited by hlrf on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hlrf
Novice

Re: Dune2 not loading fx settings correctly

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Bad start right off the bat :lol: :lol: :lol:

Screen Shot 17-03-10 at 06.25 PM.PNG

Let's see. So, Live loaded it with some default wavetable, I pressed play and it plays. I can hear the difference when I bring the synth up: difference in reverb and it sounds like distortion that you used wasn't active when first opened the project.

When I try with blank new project, it works as expected.

So, I can confirm that your project doesn't work right. I can't confirm that it's DUNE2 doing.

It's better if we wait for Rich or Marcin to take a look at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Re: Dune2 not loading fx settings correctly

Postby Marcin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 am

open the Dune 2 plug-in window

I can confirm it is a bug. The effects order is not loaded correctly until UI is opened in this case. We will fix the issue as soon as we can. For now only one solution is to open UI to grab the proper effects order.

Dune 2 would respond with a short period of glitch

This is normal when effects order is "adjusted" during plugin is opening. It will also not occur with the fix.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports