A little Dune 2 tip! Swiching the filter routing

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

A little Dune 2 tip! Swiching the filter routing

Postby Saukar23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:49 pm

So I don't see a lot of patches in Dune 2 that take advantage of this feature (In the factory library or some others that I have purchased), so I just wanted to make a post about it to make it available to people in case you all didn't know.

For more filter madness, you can switch the routing of the filter effect with the regular filter as shown in the pic. So that way you can have your distortion (& the lowpass filter that's included) before you have your main filter for each of the unison voices. Sometimes, when I'm making a patch or recreating one, I always struggled on how to get a more aggressive sound out of the filter. Putting the Filter FX first does make a difference.

To do so is pretty easy. Just drag & slide the icon of the filter effect before the filter or vice versa... drag & slide the icon of the filter after the filter effect

Just wanted to pass along the info. :mrgreen: Happy patching!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Re: A little Dune 2 tip! Swiching the filter routing

Postby Teksonik » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:25 am

Thanks, nice Tip ! But what I really want to know is.....what skin are you using ? :mrgreen:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:11 am

Cheers! Thanks for the tip :)

Teksonik wrote:Thanks, nice Tip ! But what I really want to know is.....what skin are you using ? :mrgreen:

It's Haze by Hoverland.

You can download it here (download is on the right side).
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:37 am

Thanks ! I thought I already had all of Hoverland's skins. Is this one new ? Very nice. :D

EDIT: Haha I just checked an old system and I already have Haze and in fact did an edit with it....that's the good part about getting old and failing memory. Everything old is new again. :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:53 am

Teksonik wrote:Thanks ! I thought I already had all of Hoverland's skins. Is this one new ? Very nice. :D

EDIT: Haha I just checked an old system and I already have Haze and in fact did an edit with it....that's the good part about getting old and failing memory. Everything old is new again. :lol:

Haha... I want what you're having :D :lol:
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Saukar23 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 am

Yeah... that Hoverland Haze is a perfect fit in my book. Its been my default since he came out with it.
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks