Dune 2.5 - Cubase overload CPU

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 2.5 - Cubase overload CPU

Postby zafir » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:17 am

@ThehakkeMadman
Yes MT stands for multi-threaded but in the bios you find as Multi-threaded = Enable or Disable

@Richard
av = Microsoft

From web site Diva:
DIVA is *extremely* demanding on CPU

I do not know. Maybe my CPU has been damaged with this crazy hot or maybe it's Cubase, I do not know what else to think.
I'll do some CPU testing under stress
I purchased the upgrade to version 9 of Cubase. When installed, update this post. (Even though I do not think anything changes on this front)

Thanks for the support
zafir
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:22 pm

zafir wrote:From web site Diva:DIVA is *extremely* demanding on CPU

Yes DIVA can be *extremely* demanding on the CPU if you push it....just as DUNE 2 can be demanding if you push it by using Audio Rate Modulation, Lots of Unison, Full Poly, 8 Layers, Lots of Effects etc. By the way, U-He recommends not using Multi-Threading if you are using more than one instance of DIVA at a time.

Take a DUNE 2 Factory Patch and play one Note and tell us what readings you get in Cubase. Then we can compare the numbers we get with the same Patch.

I can tell you that on an i7 3770K which is by no means state of the art, DUNE 2 performs perfectly in Sonar, Reaper, FL Studio and Orion. Can I push that CPU ? Oh yes if I make a crazy patch but for most patches DUNE 2 is much much more CPU friendly than DIVA or Diversion or luSH101 etc.

That's the great thing about DUNE 2. It can be as simple as a single Layer with a Sawtooth and Low Pass filter or as complex as 8 Layers with MSEG's , Arp/Seq, FX, Full Unison etc..... :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 pm

zafir wrote:@ThehakkeMadman
Yes MT stands for multi-threaded but in the bios you find as Multi-threaded = Enable or Disable

@Richard
av = Microsoft

From web site Diva:
DIVA is *extremely* demanding on CPU

I do not know. Maybe my CPU has been damaged with this crazy hot or maybe it's Cubase, I do not know what else to think.
I'll do some CPU testing under stress
I purchased the upgrade to version 9 of Cubase. When installed, update this post. (Even though I do not think anything changes on this front)

Thanks for the support

If your CPU is being damaged you surely won't be able to even boot to Windows...
So I'd suggest to be a DIVA ;) and penetrate that Steinberg Support with this issue... if there's no response, I will offer some help by posting this issue, too :)
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby zafir » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:41 am

Hey guys, I'm done here now at 2:25 am.
I format the operating system and installed cubase 9 pro and only Dune. Now the CPU indicator is very low while Dune sounds that it's a beauty. Tomorrow I load some complete tracks for to see if everything is ok. Night! :music:
zafir
Novice

Postby zafir » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 pm

I confirm and everything is ok. Dune is fantastic.
Happy buying.
Thanks for support.
zafir
Novice

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)