Clarke.A.C - Free track

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Clarke.A.C - Free track

Postby kmatm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 am

Here's some more something for nothing - another free track I'm giving away as part of a slowly growing free set of tracks I'll be releasing via Soundcloud. Minimal, chill, dub techno. As always, produced with Orion.

https://soundcloud.com/subsetdubs/clarkeac-soundcloud-free
kmatm
Apprentice

Re: Clarke.A.C - Free track

Postby Teksonik » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:42 pm

Why is there so much static in the track ? It sounds like an old vinyl album left to gather dust for a few years. :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby kmatm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Because there is and that's what the genre does?! I remember your complaints from a previous post regarding this. But thanks for replying.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby balistic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:25 pm

It's aesthetic, like grain in film, or texture in a painting.
Brian "balistic" Prince
positive.future.funk
balistic
Regular

Postby kmatm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:35 pm

balistic wrote:It's aesthetic, like grain in film, or texture in a painting.
+1 :)
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby bones » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:29 am

No it's not, it's just stupid. It's like saying you prefer listening to music in your car because it goes well with the engine noise.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:28 am

kmatm wrote:Because there is and that's what the genre does?!

I don't get it either. What's the point of having such an annoying noise constantly playing in the background ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm

I say that when the mrs puts her Radiohead albums on :lol:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby balistic » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm fine not taking aesthetic direction from the only person in the world who bought those over-the-skull Oakleys, Bones.
Brian "balistic" Prince
positive.future.funk
balistic
Regular

Postby kmatm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 am

...And I suppose the person I met recently who doesn't like the sound of a violin could also complain about them being in an orchestra.

Funny that the only two people I've ever heard complain about ambience, are both on this forum.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby Touch The Universe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:42 am

Taste is beyond reproach :D

The sound can give a nice ambient feel and sometimes I go through great trouble trying to synthesize vinyl sounds to layer in a soundscape.

About the track, it has good production. Personally, I think it can do with more change ups, something to distinguish different parts throughout its seven minutes.
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Kriminal wrote:I say that when the mrs puts her Radiohead albums on :lol:

:lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:33 pm

kmatm wrote:...And I suppose the person I met recently who doesn't like the sound of a violin could also complain about them being in an orchestra.

A lot of difference between a musical instrument that's capable of making some of the most beautiful tones known to man and just plain dust noise.

kmatm wrote:Funny that the only two people I've ever heard complain about ambience, are both on this forum.

Hey if you find artistic satisfaction in taking a simple synth loop, a simple drum loop, adding noise, and letting it loop for seven minutes then more power to you. :music:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby cosmicrain » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:26 pm

well its not stupid ,,,, its not well used.
I have many many paradigm of artists (famous) using this technique..(Listen some tracks from "GRAMATIK" all have this vinyl surface noise) But its overused here.U can use it in start and the End 0f your track like texture, Also u can adjust the volume a fair bit down in the whole track ....
Except this its a nice composite I find it attractive and well done build.
Keep it up and work on
cosmicrain
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm not a fan of the vinyl noises either. I think it would be ok in small quantity, like in intro or something, but it seems very distracting when put throughout the entire track. So, I guess I'm joining in with Bones and Tek (and Krim? I'm not quite sure on his stance) for disliking the noise. But aside from personal preference and taste, I'd also avoid if for technical reasons. Imagine a label comes to you and wanted to press it to vinyl. Vinyl noise on top of vinyl noise, just doesn't sound very good to me, no matter the artistic expression.

kmatm wrote:...And I suppose the person I met recently who doesn't like the sound of a violin could also complain about them being in an orchestra.

A person would generally understand what entails into listening to orchestra, and actually know to expect violins to be heard in the ensemble. So, knowing that, they can avoid listening to orchestra altogether. It's very hard to do that with electronic music - you never know what you'll get to hear there.

Funny that the only two people I've ever heard complain about ambience, are both on this forum.

From experience, it seems to me people are less likely to comment on something they generally don't like. They tend to give it a quick listen and move on. The reason for that is evident in this thread here as well, in subtle undertones of the words. People just don't want to deal with "you don't understand the genre", "no one asked you for your opinion", and stuff like that where artists generally take criticism to heart and get offended by others' opinions of their "masterpiece".
Perhaps the fact that you managed to find 2-3 people to criticize your work on this forum would suggest the honesty people here generally have. Which I think is quite rare. But, you can always chalk it up to "personal preferences".

Touch The Universe wrote:The sound can give a nice ambient feel and sometimes I go through great trouble trying to synthesize vinyl sounds to layer in a soundscape.

Allow me to point you in the right direction ;)

(click on the image)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Music & Stuff