SUPPORT Forum

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

SUPPORT Forum

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Come on guys......If you're going to have a Synapse Support Forum you need to spend more than thirty seconds a week giving support or you get.....

Ghost Dog wrote:Otherwise I'm fine with sticking to DUNE 2 (or selling the license and buying another synth that would meet all these requirements).

The reason I'm not a least bit sentimental about DUNE is that my thread at Synapse's forum regarding those non-integer dials was not answered by anyone from Synapse audio. Yeah, I get it - they don't have to. But, OTOH, a company not answering a legitimate request by a paying customer makes me very (VERY! ;)) unsentimental about that company.

This isn't rocket science. If you're going to have Customers you have to have Customer Support. Otherwise you'll wake up one day and not have any Customers.

The User Base here tries to help as much as we can but there are some things that only the people who write the code can address. Yes I know we're all busy but.......here I am every day.

Sorry but I had to vent. :x
Teksonik
Godlike

Re: SUPPORT Forum

Postby Teksonik » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Richard_Synapse wrote:We do read everything. Sometimes we don't get around to answer though, in particular when it comes to forum posts, sorry.

Then what's the point of reading everything ? People come here for assistance and support.

Richard_Synapse wrote:We also answer most Facebook messages.Richard

If you have time to answer Facebook messages then you have time to answer them here ON YOUR OFFICIAL SUPPORT FORUM. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 pm

Do we know where this guy's post is on the forum? It sounds to me like a feature request, not something that is broken or doesn't work, in which case I don't know why he would expect an official response. I'm sure if it was a problem, something that wasn't working as it should, then Rich would be onto it.

If someone is going to get all upset because they aren't being treated like they're as special as their mummy tells them they are, I say "screw 'em". I wouldn't expect an official response unless it was an issue that prevented me from using the product in the way it should be expected to work. Even then, I'd expect the first line of support to be other users and that Rich or Marcin would only get involved if no-one else could help them.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:43 am

The trouble is, when actual problems/bugs arise, support is very slow. Rich and Marcin are not on the ball and havent been for years in this respect. Its often pointed out but they seem very laid back about the whole thing, which isnt good imo.

"support" from users is not the answer, especially when is consists of sarky comments :wink:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Richard » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Thank you for the feedback on the forum so far.

Please note that there is a dozen ways to interact with us, on this forum, on KVR, via email, via Facebook, on Youtube, via Soundcloud, Forum PM etc. We are not always able to respond to all the feedback on every possible channel, at least not instantly, sorry.

That said we do provide support every day, primarily via email and on Facebook (and swiftly, FB says "typically replies within an hour").

One idea we have about the forum is moving it over to KVR, since our products are regularly discussed there, so discussions would be more centralized than they are currently. We're not sure everyone here is registered at KVR and would like that idea, though.

Furthermore, we believe that if we focus on making our software better, our users will be much more happy at the end of the day. If we spend all the time debating each detail with every user, this would inevitably mean a lot less gets actually done - all talk no action ;)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Kriminal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Keeping it all in one place is a good idea if it means faster support from the dev.... and the kids can carry on using fakebook...
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bones » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:32 am

KVR would work just as well as here, I think, and it would be one less site to check every day.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 am

Rich def posts more at kvr than here.... be a shame to see this site go, but it seems most users use kvr instead of the official synapse site anyway
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby heks » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:44 am

There's pro's and con's to being on Kvr, there's the potential to promote Synapse products more, have more of a public presence, quicker replies from support. :)
But with trolls, , , , more conflict = hassle :roll: But that's all part of Kvr I supose :|
On the whole I agree with bones, one less site to check :D
heks
Apprentice

Postby sjgam » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Where is the KVR thread for Synapse (The Legend)? I will go there then. Nice to get share tips and tricks with The Legend users too. Such a stellar emulation - like to see where everyone is taking it with their creative endeavors.

And I would like my Logic-specific fixes attended to :)

BTW - I only went to this forum because when I purchased the Legend there was no direct support number or email - instead support suggested to raise questions/issues on this public forum.

And yeah I noticed it does not get a lot of attention .... shame.
sjgam
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:03 am

sjgam wrote:Where is the KVR thread for Synapse (The Legend)?

Have you heard of Google?
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby sjgam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Kriminal wrote:
sjgam wrote:Where is the KVR thread for Synapse (The Legend)?

Have you heard of Google?

Thanks for the sarcasm - Google as you could imagine yields lots of results - would be nice to agree on spot as this is the only place one can support with issues with The Legend.

There were multiple threads touching on Legend in KVR and also there is a fairly extended one in Gearslutz. The main product one - the comments end in 2016.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-le ... apse-audio

This one has the longest trail to it - https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=255

There are some comparison threads on the legend like this one - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=476700

And there are also some preset libraries oriented ones like this one - https://www.kvraudio.com/news/vsp-relea ... ount-38604

Here is the gear slutz one that is kind of interesting too - https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... lling.html

Maybe Synapse can chime in and tell us the best spot to chime in thats most efficient for them as they have prod dev priorities to focus on and not just support of course.
sjgam
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:27 pm

It took ten seconds to find this page, with comments from the dev dated Sept this year

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=1980
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby sjgam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Kriminal wrote:It took ten seconds to find this page, with comments from the dev dated Sept this year

Hey I already listed that one and the other ones.

Its up to the Synapse folk to decide if they want to put the "official" support forum on that thread or a new one or keep it here.

I just purchased The Legend a few weeks ago and new to the company and the instrument.

As I mentioned the support site asks one to go to this forum.

But as you and others have noted on this thread, support can be lacking here.

So there is thought to put it one location to make it easier for the Synapse folk to respond to one location.

So perhaps its best to let them decide where is the central location.
sjgam
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 pm

sjgam wrote:
Kriminal wrote:It took ten seconds to find this page, with comments from the dev dated Sept this year

Hey I already listed that one and the other ones.

Yes, and its the biggest one with the most recent activity from the dev. If you need to contact the dev, try reading his post in this thread on the best way to do so right now.
Kriminal
Immortal

Next

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)