The Legend - how to disable default MIDI CCs?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend - how to disable default MIDI CCs?

Postby dkozar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:08 am

Hi,

I'm playing with the Legend over MIDI. I assigned an external controller (BassStation II) to control the Legend.

My goal is to make a permanent assignment (in order for each new Legend instance getting the assignment automatically), that's why I didn't use "MIDI Learn" feature on Legend knobs.

Since I'm using Cubase as a DAW, I created a *Generic Remote*, mapping Bass Station MIDI messages to Legend features.

This works fine, apart from one thing: for some Bass Station knobs, two of the Legend knobs are moving. This is because the Legend has a preconfigured MIDI CC map (see the "Appendix B. MIDI Implementation Chart" in the manual: https://www.synapse-audio.com/legend/Th ... Manual.pdf).

So, some MIDI messages get translated to 2 Legend knobs.

For instance, I mapped the BassStation knob "Osc 1 Coarse" to Legend's "Osc 1 Semi'. For this knob, BassStation transmits the message 30 (see image below). However, the message 30 also gets picked up by Legend as Osc 3 Range (see the manual).

Now, I can solve this problem by going to each and every Legend knob that shouldn't move, right click and "MIDI Forget". However, this turns out to be a pain because I have to do it for each and every new instance I put on screen.

I'd like to have an option to tell Legend to permanently forget it's own MIDI map, so I can control it via Generic remote only.

Please note that I'd really really like to use a big BassStation's knob with letters "Frequency" to control Legend's cutoff. And so on. That's why I don't want to assign an arbitrary knob to Legend's MIDI cc which controls the cutoff.

Also, I'm aware that I could use another approach, like creating an input transformer (on channel, or global) which would convert BassStation's filter MIDI CC to the Legend's. However, I don't like this because this would then kick in for all the MIDI controllers. Cubase's generic remote is much nice because I could define things per remote (like BassStation only).

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dkozar
Novice

Re: The Legend - how to disable default MIDI CCs?

Postby Marcin » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 am

Please try to make the setup in the following way:
- insert only one instance of The Legend,
- set up midi connections by using right click on the The Legend's UI and use the options "midi learn" and "midi forget"
- once it's all done, please close the project or relaunch Cubase
The settings should be preserved for the new The Legend instances.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)