DUNE 2 - VST + AU preset switching in Ableton BUG

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 2 - VST + AU preset switching in Ableton BUG

Postby Sarrova-Q » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey.

The VST and AU versions of Dune 2 have a bug: when switching presets, the voice settings of the previous preset sometimes stay active with the current preset. For example: if preset A has OSC2 mixer volume down for Voice 2, when switching to preset B the OSC2 mixer volume on Voice 2 will be "remembered" regardless of the state preset B was saved in.

EDIT:
I investigated this problem further and it seems this behaviour happens if you have assigned controls in Ableton Live to the plugin with the "configure" button or when you have automation lanes assigned (WITHOUT automation going on, just having the lanes ready). Maybe Dune is picking up these controls instead of the saved settings?
Sarrova-Q
Novice

Re: DUNE 2 - VST + AU preset switching in Ableton BUG

Postby Sarrova-Q » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Sarrova-Q
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:23 am

Correct video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_cqYF3TpVI

I can't reproduce that here.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Marcin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:40 am

Please send your project file to us: http://www.synapse-audio.com/contactus.html
Maybe it is the project settings or something, we cannot reproduce this issue here.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Sarrova-Q » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Sure thing! Thank you for the quick reply, I just did send you an email about this.

For others who would like to test this I included a zip with an Ableton .als file where I have loaded two versions of Dune 2. One is configured with some parameters, the other isn't. I sequenced some program changes, so after you press play, the programs get triggered. You will notice that some programs will sound different depending on the order in which they're played. Also, certain patches sound way-off and are not anything like the state they where saved in. If you reselect the patch inside the browser you will hear massive diffrences? The not-configured version doesn't have this behaviour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sarrova-Q
Novice

Postby Marcin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:35 pm

It doesn't sound like a bug, it's just Live works in this way (it's just automation) when you have configured global parameters in Live. I sent more explanations to you via mail.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Return to Bug Reports