Legend RE: external LFO cutoff?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Legend RE: external LFO cutoff?

Postby TallGuy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi, I only just got Legend and am completely new to this rack extension, so apologies if I'm touching on a known issue, but I couldn't find anything about it online.

In reason, I tried connecting an external LFO (coming from a Subtractor, I'm still on Reason 7) into the "Tuning" CV input of Legend. But unless I'm very much mistaken, Legend only responds to the top part of the LFO curve. The bit that travels from 0% to 100%, but not the bit that travels from 0% to -100%.

It's most notable with Subtractor's LFO set to triangle waveform at a rate of around 40.
TallGuy
Novice

Re: Legend RE: external LFO cutoff?

Postby TallGuy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 am

I ran into this issue while trying to create a vibrato effect in Legend. I did try using VCO 3, but found it a bit baffling as the usable range for vibrato was somewhere between 2%-10% on the modulation wheel. Not very user friendly. Using an external LFO was really just a way of getting around this, but then I run into this issue where Legend seems to treat the incoming signal as unipolar when it should be bipolar. I can't tell for sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something, I wouldn't mind someone more experienced with Legend to confirm this.

Anyway, I found a way around it by placing Legend inside a Combinator and controlling Legend's modulation wheel with Combinator's modulation wheel (or one of the rotary buttons) set to a range of 2%-10%.
TallGuy
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't own Reason so can't help with R.E. specific issues.

TallGuy wrote: I did try using VCO 3, but found it a bit baffling as the usable range for vibrato was somewhere between 2%-10% on the modulation wheel.

On the VST I find moving the Modulation Shape all the way to the right and turning down the Pitch Range gives more "resolution" to the Mod Wheel. I agree that with the default settings the MW range is too short. It goes from off to full Vibrato with very little movement of the MW in relation to the full available range of the wheel. The settings I use allow the MW to go through much more of it's range or "throw" before fully engaging Vibrato. (I assume the VSTi version and R.E. versions are identical in this operation). :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby TallGuy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I see. It's all about the little buttons at the back! Thanks, that pretty much solves it for me.
TallGuy
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:15 am

Cool ! :D
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)