The Legend ADSR is ignored after 4 voices are used in poly

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend ADSR is ignored after 4 voices are used in poly

Postby Reaper_Dude » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 am

Hello,

I love the synth but I have ran into a bit of a glitch when running slow attack pad sounds playing thick. Once I hit the 4 voice limit the ADSR amp is ignored and new sounds start immediately with no attack instead of old ones dropping out like you would expect please fix this it is a pain to work around it. Or just make more polyphony then just 4 voices. Yes I know the original did not have this but that was one of its faults not one of its good points.
Reaper_Dude
Novice

Re: The Legend ADSR is ignored after 4 voices are used in po

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Have you tried the different Note Priority settings ?

Legend 010418.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Reaper_Dude » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Now why didn't I see that switch. I will go try that right now thank you.
Reaper_Dude
Novice

Postby Reaper_Dude » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Nope still does it make a sound with a long attack hold a chord of 4 notes then press new notes they will sound without ADSR attack regardless of this switch position. Reaper + the legend + nectar P6

Effect is the same with notes played from reaper instead of P6

It would sound much better for my use if the old notes would drop out instead of the new notes having 0 attack

I do love the sound of this synth though it is epic joy to my ears.

Best Regards
Reaper_Dude
Novice

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 pm

Reaper_Dude wrote:Once I hit the 4 voice limit the ADSR amp is ignored and new sounds start immediately with no attack

It is not ignored, the envelope starts exactly whereever it was previously. This is standard behaviour for vintage-analog poly synths and makes the sound silky-smooth :) Changing it would introduce clicks (or abrupt changes) which is undesirable and reminds more of older digital synths with too few voices, rather than analog synths.

If you want to create big pad sounds with long attack or release times then analog(-modeled) poly synths are ihmo not the best choice. Something like DUNE 2 is much better here and does what you want, since its voice concept is far more advanced and not limited to a fixed number of "voice boards" that operate all the time.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)