The Legend - No response to Filter Cutoff CC 74

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend - No response to Filter Cutoff CC 74

Postby Bilbo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Greetings,

Using the trial version of The Legend and I set up my controller to allow slides to modify various parameters for 'Live' manipulation. No issues doing this except with the 'Filter Cutoff' control (CC 74 according to the documentation). A MIDI monitor indicates I'm sending CC 74 values when moving the slider but The Legend doesn't respond. Possible bug (or user error)?

As an aside, I tried playing with the 'MIDI Learn', but I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

Great sounding product! Planning to purchase if i can work out the kinks with my set-up.
Bilbo
Novice

Re: The Legend - No response to Filter Cutoff CC 74

Postby Christophe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 pm

this is the normal demo behavior
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Bilbo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Can you expand on the rationale for this a bit please Christophe? Why exclude the Cutoff when I can alter resonance, glide, volume etc... with my controller? What's 'normal' about ignoring only cutoff?

EDIT: Sorry... maybe I've misunderstood. Are you saying this is a limitation of the DEMO version (only)?
Bilbo
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Host Automation is disabled in the Demo but it doesn't say anything about Midi Control. I can't see why all the other Controls would work except CC#74. But it works here in the full version so maybe Synapse has disabled just that parameter....it doesn't seem logical but perhaps they've done so. Seems like there are enough other Demo limitations to make disabling Midi Control of the Filter Cutoff unnecessary.

Legend 031718-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Bilbo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Teksonik wrote:Host Automation is disabled in the Demo but it doesn't say anything about Midi Control. I can't see why all the other Controls would work except CC#74. But it works here in the full version so maybe Synapse has disabled just that parameter....it doesn't seem logical but perhaps they've done so. Seems like there are enough other Demo limitations to make disabling Midi Control of the Filter Cutoff unnecessary.

Legend 031718-2.jpg

Thank you for wading in Teksonic. Sounds like it is a demo limitation. Should be simple for Synapse to confirm this.
Bilbo
Novice

Postby Marcin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:47 pm

The CC 74 does not work in The Legend's demo version at this moment. In the full version it does, of course.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Bilbo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Good news! Thanks for the clarification.
Bilbo
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)