Zynewave + Synapse ? Is possible?

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Zynewave + Synapse ? Is possible?

Postby Suonoecomputer » Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

Hello to all, sometimes i propose fanta-fusions ... :D :D but doing a tour looking for news on DAW I found that Podium Free he stopped since 2014 ... Maybe you can try a merger between Podium Free and Orion ... Maybe a new DAW can to be born ... Who knows ... One name... "PodiOn", a free DAW with a donation system :) :)
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: Zynewave + Synapse ? Is possible?

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 pm

I had no idea Podium isn't being developed anymore.

And no, that's not possible, and most likely would never happen. But to entertain the idea, considering that both Orion and Podium aren't being developed, who do you propose should maintain this new crossbreed, especially with little to no return for the time spent in developing it?
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sat May 26, 2018 11:59 am

The free version of Podium has been stopping since 2014 and the paid version goes back to last year ... I think they still work on the paid version, on the free versione, I don't know ... Yes you're right it's very difficult, but maybe joining forces and ideas, maybe something interesting comes out. Yes, there are several free DAWs on the market (and even well-known brands) but they do not allow the insertion of third-party plugins ... Maybe you can develop some ideas on this aspect ...
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat May 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Suonoecomputer wrote:Yes you're right it's very difficult, but maybe joining forces and ideas, maybe something interesting comes out.

I really don't mean to rain on your parade, but to what end?

Let's say that it does happen; Synapse and Zynewave join forces to create a brand new DAW.
First, you have to see what they would be up against: Live, Bitwig, FL Studio, Cubase, Studio One - all that already have established users. Those users are unlikely to switch. Some might, but not enough to make an impact.
And second, you have to look at the sustainability. Giving it away for free without having a source of income is not sustainable. Donations are not sustainable either, since most people just donate once.

The whole reason Orion got sacked is because there weren't enough people interested in it, but they were interested in plugins, so Synapse switched interest in developing plugins. Zynewave is probably facing their own sustainability issue, where they discovered that most people that tried their DAW just continued using it for free instead of buying the full version.

And no, I didn't mean to say that situation like that where Synapse and Zynewave would make a new DAW is difficult. I literally think that's impossible to happen. If Richard decides to make a new DAW some day, he will. But it certainly won't be with Zynewave.

Yes, there are several free DAWs on the market (and even well-known brands) but they do not allow the insertion of third-party plugins

Cakewalk (ex-Sonar) does. And it's free.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sat May 26, 2018 6:00 pm

That's why I wrote a fanta-fusion ... You're right, actually it's all impossible but travel with imagination sometimes makes you see different things, a bit 'too .. eh ehe .. :mrgreen: So I have not find well. .. I did not know that Sonar was free ... Thanks !! Damn then also other DAW withdraws defeated by the battles of the competition ... :? :?
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby TheM1 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:33 pm

How does Podium free stack up against Ableton Live?
TheM1
Novice

Return to Music & Stuff