Just purchased DUNE 2.6 for NKS where's the extra patches?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Just purchased DUNE 2.6 for NKS where's the extra patches?

Postby jonjon3000 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Hello,
I'm new here, just wanted to comment. There was no demo for DUNE 2.6 to test with NKS, so I had to buy this to test it, and it turns out now I cannot load the Xtra add on banks in NKS because they are not provided.

This was a huge reason to buy this synth as I love those Ambient Patches and want to be able to view quickly browse them on the KK MK2 :roll: where are these located?

Please tell me that you can add these for us, or explain how we can add these ourselves?
jonjon3000
Novice

Re: Just purchased DUNE 2.6 for NKS where's the extra patche

Postby Kriminal » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Whoever made the 3rd party banks is responsible for making them nks compatible.
You need to speak to the author of that bank.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby jonjon3000 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi, I already created everyone of them last night manually with about 2 cups of coffee, thanks
This should be well documented that they aren't available though in NKS format.
jonjon3000
Novice

Postby Touch The Universe » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:41 am

I just updated my soundsets to include NKS formats for both Earthshine and Dream Worlds. I'll probably send out and update email to everyone when I release my next soundset. New users will get it from now on while everyone can request and I'll send them out. :D
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am

Conversion to NKS format as such is straightforward for us, we do this in a largely automated process. The problem with those ambient patches is firstly they are not really part of the Factory bank (probably would make sense to build a separate "Ambient" soundbank, which is however quite some work), secondly and more important is that the patches are not categorized in any way. While it makes sense to stick most or all of those patches into a category like Soundscapes or something, NI might complain here since they really like a rather detailed and diverse categorization.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Touch The Universe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Richard wrote:Conversion to NKS format as such is straightforward for us, we do this in a largely automated process.

May I ask you to expand how you've automated the process? I thought someone has to resave each patch, one-by-one :roll:
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Richard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 am

Yes that is the usual and intended way for sound designers or regular users. For smaller sets it is probably the most efficient method anyway. In DUNE 2 and The Legend we already have 500+ factory patches, however, and the libraries may grow further in the future, or we may want to change the parameter template. So we use an automated solution that can handle such changes. Since we know both the structure of our own preset format as well as .nksf, we can simply write those files directly.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Touch The Universe » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:28 pm

I guess there are perks to being a software wizard :D
Touch The Universe
Regular

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)