Wavetables for DUNE2 and DUNE3 (£10 for lifetime upgrades)

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: New wavetables for DUNE2

Postby ufo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 am

ha!
I think I missed a whole 3 pages of this discussion.
sorry
sorry
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:57 am

It has been a nice long summer here in the UK, but it hasn't stopped me making more wavetables, however, the nice weather, holidays and work have stopped me from converting to the various formats until now!

They are now converted and being uploaded to the various OneDrive folders for each registered user. There are over 1800 wavetables in various formats, just in this one update!

The theme this time is mostly time domain filtering using real and imagined impulse responses applied to analogue or FM waveforms. There are also some bit reduction tables, comb filtering and country outlines! The majority morph very smoothly, some intentionally don't. Please feel free to ask about any of these.

As a reminder, you can buy all these and future updates, as well as past issues, for the tiny one off sum of £10 from:

http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/index.html

Edit: There are also some formant wavetables using VOSIM and FM waveforms!
Mark

Postby Christophe » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:24 pm

I have so many wavetable now ! :dance:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Christophe wrote:I have so many wavetable now ! :dance:

Aaaaah, but are you happy with them? :?:
Mark

Postby Christophe » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm

i played more with the FM side of Dune2 but now i am staring to wavetable.
one of the wavetable i liked a lot is MH Absolution
i will go back to sound design with Dune3 :dance:
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Christophe » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:19 am

Knowing that your wavetables explore the FM and phase modulation world, i have a wide open world in front of me
Christophe

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

8)

Don't forget the sine phase change wavetable for exploring phase modulation!
Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:10 pm

I just thought I'd expand a bit on the 'countries' wavetables. They are basically the xy-coordinates of the border perimeter for most countries in the world. In the case where that country is a series of islands then it's mostly the border of the largest of those. The first wavetable slot contains the x-coordinates, whilst the last slot contains the y-coordinates. If you load the same wavetable in to two oscillators/voices and pan each hard left/right with phase reset on and visualize with a goniometer then you will see the outline of that particular country, e.g.:

Countries WT.png

Gimmicky, but neat :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Postby Christophe » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Mark, you really need to update your website with more examples :dance:
Christophe

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:21 am

This is true. Hopefully I can find some time to do this!
Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:56 pm

New wavetables (~300) now being uploaded for paid up members. These consist of a number of analogue waveforms that have been spliced together to create new single waveforms that are morphed. These can sound quite dirty - in a good way. I reckon they're good for some of the more 'grimy' genres!
Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm

More new wavetables (~100 per format) now being uploaded. This time some fun with pulse waves both in terms of splicing and width modulation. Gives some nice distorted sounds!

Edit: good for chiptune sounds as well 8)
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:23 pm

I'm very pleased to announce the arrival of my wavetable editor exclusively for those that have bought in to the wavetables with lifetime updates deal. It can be used to make wavetables with 8 different waveforms in and exported to DUNE2 format as well as serum and compatible formats. I'll add a Blofeld mode on soon. I'm just uploading the program file to your folders as I type.

It's standalone and Windows only. Consider it in beta stage. There's no manual yet, but is in preparation. The only annoying buglet is that it takes a fair few conds to export the DUNE2 wavetable. I'm trying to speed that up. Loading of samples is limited to 16384 and these are DOWN sampled to 2048 samples. Anything less then 2048 samples is automatically stretched and uplsampled to 2048 samples. You can select parts of waveforms using sample off and len which are values that can range from 0-to-1 - I'll change this to something more usable in the future! Bit depth can also be changed, e.g., 4, 8, 12, 16 as well as phase 0-2048.

In addition to the load sample mode, there's an tect-to-additive mode(!) - codes at the bottom of the window, and a random mode, with and without sorting using the 'N' LED. Below that is an INterpolation button for no interpolation and two modes of interpolation. Interpolation is for random mode only.

Oooh, and look at those shapers 8) :lol:

Here is a screenshot of it:

MH Wavelet.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:43 pm

A new job load of wavetables coming tomorrow featuring mostly an extension of feedback amplitude modulation that I've been working on plus some other funky stuff.

From that I'll spend time on the wavetable editor to add some new features and make it more CPU efficient.
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:07 pm

I'll be uploading >6000 single cycle waveforms over the course of the weekend for use in the Wavelet wavetable creator/editor. Or any other program, if you so wish! So you'll be able to 'roll your own' wvetables.

These are all 32 bit 2048 samples. I just need to sort them in to categories first!
Mark

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Stuff