Dune 3 wish list

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 3 wish list

Postby Richard » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am

AstralP wrote:I hope that Dune 3 is on the way, that's exciting news. I'm pleased to see the Comb has been mentioned I've never understood why there wasn't a feedback especially seeing as there is a space made for it :)

I'd love to see more Modulators, but a wavetable editor would be top of the list for me. Also the LFO Sync is annoying because you can only sync to the host, there should be a mode where the LFOs are clocked to tempo but retrigger on a note polyphonically. I think I remember that correctly without getting it open right now, but there is something missing in the functionality.

Actually this is already possible in Dune 2, simply by pressing the POLY button. If additionally you want the LFO phases randomized per voice, this can be achieved via the mod matrix (Random +100 LFO Init Phase).
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby chrisdee » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 am

I wish we will be able to save and load effects chains. I find it a bit cumbersome to have to add and edit the effects for each sound like I do in Dune 2.

Another thing that would be great is to have a simple or default setting to assign vibrato to the modwheel.
Just like with pitch bend.

Also on my rig (Pro Tools HD 2018.7) Dune 2 can be very heavy on my CPU (Intel I7 6core 2.6 GHz) and give me CPU spikes and
buffer overload messages in PT. It would be great if Dune 3 would have a light setting for us with older CPUs.
chrisdee
Novice

Postby synthbum » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:39 pm

A great Idea for Dune 3 Please consider adding a one shot button on every LFO so we can control the possibilities of any WT osc positions and how they behave. Also if maybe possible or not (Although I apologize for bringing this up again) but please consider adding an option to switch between (equal temperament) and (fine tuning) on each individual keys or which keys we select. Highlight them visually indicating which keys to be played and which ones not to be played. This only applies of what patches one is creating. Something like you see on this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqa2Hbb_eIs
That's only two main things we need for dune 3.
synthbum
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:10 pm

synthbum wrote:...consider adding a one shot button on every LFO so we can control the possibilities of any WT osc positions and how they behave.

I don't know much about all that stuff, but wouldn't MSEGs be more suitable for that?
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby synthbum » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:33 am

Wow I think your right. I never knew that any MSEG could do all that. Well thank you so much I just learned an idea from you.
Last edited by synthbum on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthbum
Novice

Postby synthbum » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:33 am

Forgot to use my Quote :lol:
synthbum
Novice

Postby synthbum » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:
synthbum wrote:...consider adding a one shot button on every LFO so we can control the possibilities of any WT osc positions and how they behave.

I don't know much about all that stuff, but wouldn't MSEGs be more suitable for that?

I sure thank you again but in fact I just stumbled on something else that really works as oppose to one shot button on those LFO's for the WT positions. This is quite an amazing WT soft synth out of all i've ever played and programed so far. I just love it.
synthbum
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:33 am

I am very glad to hear that :D

Have fun making stuff with it :)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby synthbum » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:44 am

A real good idea for Dune 3 if maybe possible or not. Have it made compatible to most commands of the Midi Inserts section on Cubase especially on the micro tuner part and maybe everything else. This would be a great update.
synthbum
Novice

Postby synthbum » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi developers its me again. As much as I really love Dune 2 I sure like the variety of skin colors to choose from. Maybe add 2 more skin colors such as brown and yellow or maybe yellow especially. Belated happy thanksgiving to you all. God bless.
synthbum
Novice

Postby bones » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:01 pm

synthbum wrote:A real good idea for Dune 3 if maybe possible or not. Have it made compatible to most commands of the Midi Inserts section on Cubase especially on the micro tuner part and maybe everything else. This would be a great update.

… if you use Cubase, otherwise it would be a waste of time. Much better to concentrate on features everyone can use.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby synthbum » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:34 am

bones wrote:
synthbum wrote:A real good idea for Dune 3 if maybe possible or not. Have it made compatible to most commands of the Midi Inserts section on Cubase especially on the micro tuner part and maybe everything else. This would be a great update.

… if you use Cubase, otherwise it would be a waste of time. Much better to concentrate on features everyone can use.

Yeah maybe your right and I think this is all good just the way it is. Developers, I think I lead you all wrong on the previous wish list. Maybe if you can make it support Scala's .tun files would be the greatest update.
synthbum
Novice

Postby eric1965 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi there,
My question is not related to any wishlist (even though I'd rather have a more user-friendly browser, especially when you have several different soundsets, it's a pain in the butt to move from one to the next), but my question is: When will Dune 3 be released? Kevin Shroeder's Facebook page announced the project in October, together with the delivery of 250 presets :dance: (wow, knowing that Kevin's preset are just outstanding). Has anybody got an idea? Thanks
eric1965
Novice

Postby Touch The Universe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:33 pm

I'm selfishly assuming they heard my request to make sure to implement a right click menu to assign to modulation destinations and held back the release to implement it :lol:

I'm going to complain like glitch if that isn't implemented at release, be forewarned :dance:

The best way for Dune to raise in popularity is for there to be 1000 new videos and audio showcases marketing it like wildfire. There is never a sell without marketing somewhere. Catering to sound designers is the most intelligent thing any developer can do because all the marketing they do to sell their soundsets, incidentally, and without cost, markets dune. Focus on workflow, make it easier, faster.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 pm

eric1965 wrote:Hi there,
My question is not related to any wishlist (even though I'd rather have a more user-friendly browser, especially when you have several different soundsets, it's a pain in the butt to move from one to the next), but my question is: When will Dune 3 be released? Kevin Shroeder's Facebook page announced the project in October, together with the delivery of 250 presets :dance: (wow, knowing that Kevin's preset are just outstanding). Has anybody got an idea? Thanks

KS is a preset maker. He does not code for Synapse Audio. Its not his project, so he really shouldn't be saying anything.

Richard has said its done, just the boring stuff to do (website etc) so any day now.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist