Dune 3 wish list

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 3 wish list

Postby TRANCER » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:43 am

An excellent evolution of this version 3.

Thank you for this remarkable job, so we offer a version even more successful.

This version 3 is really promising and Dune returns from this fact in the top of the Vst in view of the proposed novelties.

FELICIATAIONS again and thank you for this new version of Dune.
TRANCER
Novice

Postby dune2_user » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Could you add ability to mark presets as favorites?

This would be very useful since Dune3 ships with 1000 presets.
How else can people remember which sounds they like the best?
dune2_user
Novice

Postby Suonoecomputer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 am

Yesterday I had a chance to try some presets and I have to say that as always there was a great commitment from all of you, so thank you. A nice Christmas present :xmas: :dance: :music: . At the audio level you can now get more interesting sounds. On the graphic level, however, there are some points that, in my opinion, remain a bit '"disabling" ... Perhaps the weak point is the display itself. In my opinion working inside the display is still slightly difficult. the Mod. Matrix sections and the two arpeggio sections remain small. Personally I would manage and enter in the menus under the same as FX bus. mseg - keyboard etc ... In this way you could open a larger window as you did for editing the waveform. The knob "Balance" is perhaps a bit small.
If possible, you could also mark the updates to the version, (here https://www.synapse-audio.com/dune3.html) for any bugfixes like this, you can immediately see if the software has had corrections or updates, for example 3.0.1 - 3.0.2 etc .. etc .. Thanks.
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby syAqu » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 pm

What i miss compared to serum is the possibility to import wavetable "sequences". In serum i just enter the base note in the formula or the amount of samples and when i'm importing the attached wav file, it will correctly split it into several parts of the wavetable.
syAqu
Novice

Postby nor17 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:22 am

I'm impressed with DUNE 3.

The addition of MPE support should make it my favorite ( for the time being).
nor17
Novice

Postby Sergei » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:07 pm

Just joined after upgrading to Ver 3 and love the new sounds!
Is there a way to save your Favorite Patches?
Surely not a big ask by Version 3?
Sergei
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:24 pm

You could create a new Folder, call it "My Favorites" and then save the patches you like in there. (in Synapse Audio>Dune3>Soundbanks)

A workaround no doubt but I guess it will have to do for now....... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Sergei » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks for the workaround tip ?
Will do that! But why are Synapse so remiss about such a basic feature? when one of the selling points is the 1000 new sounds?
Baffeling.?
Sergei
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:24 am

500 new sounds, not, 1000

i think those browsers like uhe and xils etc have are awful, i much prefer it the way it is
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Sergei wrote:why are Synapse so remiss about such a basic feature? when one of the selling points is the 1000 new sounds?

Because Synapse has concentrated on making great sounds and not browsing them ?

I find the current system perfectly functional and think any work on a Browser with Categories, Favorites etc to be a waste of time. I'd rather that development time to be spent on things that actually impact the sound........ :wink:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Kriminal wrote:i think those browsers like uhe and xils etc have are awful,

I agree. Hive's Browser just confuses me. Seems like you'd spend more time categorizing, tagging, coloring, and marking favorite patches than you would making them. I've never used any of those Browser features in Hive. :?

Hive 010318.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby dune2_user » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:48 pm

I think going through presets time and time again to find the best is a huge waste of time.

The feature should be very quick and easy thing to do. Not like coding some new filter or something.
Some VSTs allow you to rate presets with 1-5 stars, and then sort presets according to rating.
But I find just marking preset a favorite is 100 times better than what we have now.
dune2_user
Novice

Postby Touch The Universe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:07 am

Seriously, favoring is a good idea. Right click a preset add to favorite (behind the scenes it makes a copy in the favorite folder). This way, the best of the best out of 10 libraries can take the space of less than one without manually doing it, saving hours.

It's no wonder a few key things seem to be remiss when synapse's corner men are dismissing good ideas so easily. It's about what people want, not what you want. This feature could save 100's of people thousands of hours, but lets not implement it since I don't have a need for it? :lol:
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:14 am

clearly Synapse doesnt want it either, or they would have done it by now
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:It's about what people want, not what you want.

Exactly. It's not about what you want. :wink:

I'm not completely opposed to Favorites since I could just ignore it but there are features I would like to have far more and Preset Favorites would be way, way down on my list since it doesn't change the sound of Dune 3 one bit.

I would rather have precious development time be spent on features of function rather than features of convenience. It's a mistake to trivialize how much time it would take to implement a whole new Patch Browser system. I'm already comfortable with the current system and in my opinion any work on a Browser and Favorites would be the real "waste of time" since it wouldn't save me one minute. You'd spend more time wondering if a certain patch deserves 2 Stars or 5 stars and in the end if you can't remember what patches you like well then I don't know what to tell you.

With my example of Hive above I have never used the Favorite system and find all the bloat to just get in the way.

Touch The Universe wrote:This feature could save 100's of people thousands of hours, but lets not implement it since I don't have a need for it? :lol:

Maybe if "hundreds of people" spoke up instead of just a handful you might have a case. I've seen more people ask for Drag and Drop automation which actually would save me some time. All we can do is make our feature requests and hope they get implemented. Your requests are no more important than mine and mine no more important than yours.

But as Kriminal said if it was a priority then it would have already been implemented. 8)
Last edited by Teksonik on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist