"Hold" button in Dune 3

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

"Hold" button in Dune 3

Postby herr_dreier » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm

My wish for a future update:

I would like to have a "hold" or "latch" switch that affects both the pressed notes on the master keyboard as well as the arpeggiator. I play a chord, click on "hold", release the keyboard keys and the sound remains.
My NI Absynth 5 or the Korg KLC Mono/Poly have such a feature. It is worth gold for synth jam sessions.

Would be great if you could install that and the update is still running with MacOS 10.6.8.

Thanx and greetings
dreier
herr_dreier
Novice

Re: "Hold" button in Dune 3

Postby Richard » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:29 pm

The hold feature for the Arpeggiator is already implemented, right now it is a feature inside the mod matrix (can thus be controlled via a Foot or Sustain pedal for instance). We just need to find a good place on the GUI, then it would be accessible from there as well :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Kriminal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:43 pm

double click a note is an elegant solution :wink:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby RichN » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:36 am

herr_dreier wrote:My wish for a future update:

I would like to have a "hold" or "latch" switch that affects [...] the pressed notes on the master keyboard [...].

I agree. I'm into designing drones at the moment and this feature would be very useful for that.
RichN
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:58 am

You can also select "Constant +100 to Arp Hold" for Latch. Move the value to -100 to shut the Latch off. Not as elegant as a Latch Switch but should do the trick for now...... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby RichN » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:23 pm

I found out that for my use I'm pretty much covered with Bitwig's Note Latch device. Somehow I never noticed that function.
RichN
Novice

Postby EnjoyRC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:03 pm

Cool trick. Not sure if it's only Windows. I'll check Mac in a bit.

With a mouse, cick and hold a key in the UI.
While holding that note, drag to another note and simply tap it with the right mouse button.
Now the first note is held.
If you want to hear both notes, you can continue holding that second note you played.
To stop the first held note, return to it and single click.
EnjoyRC
Novice

Postby Luischoque14 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:58 am

Richard wrote:The hold feature for the Arpeggiator is already implemented, right now it is a feature inside the mod matrix (can thus be controlled via a Foot or Sustain pedal for instance). We just need to find a good place on the GUI, then it would be accessible from there as well :)

Hi Richard, I've been testing the demo, and this function is only available for "foot pedal" which is "cc 4", but ideally it should also work with "sustain pedal" which is "cc 64", I hope you can implement that in dune, thank you very much, I want to buy dune 3, but I wish that function quite a lot. Blessings!
Luischoque14
Novice

Return to Wishlist