Dune3 strange fader and knob behavier

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune3 strange fader and knob behavier

Postby riemac » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:25 am

On my system (Reason 10 on win8.1) the behavier of all the knobs and faders is a little bit strange. They doen't move smooth and sometimes the position jumps. For example, when I upen up the filter to 100 it sometimes jumps back to 98 or 99 and then finally stays at 100. It's the same with the faders, like in the mixer section.

Maybe this can be optimised in an update.
riemac
Novice

Re: Dune3 strange fader and knob behavier

Postby Marcin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:15 pm

We will check this. However, does it happen for DUNE 3 for you or also for any other VSTi plugin?
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby riemac » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:52 pm

Marcin wrote:We will check this. However, does it happen for DUNE 3 for you or also for any other VSTi plugin?

Thanks for checking out this problem. It happens only for Dune 3 not on any other VST. I also didn‘t have this problem with Dune 2.
riemac
Novice

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 pm

We looked into this in more detail. There is a few important things that work in a non-standard way in Reason's VST implementation (compared to the major hosts like Cubase, Live, S1 etc), which can cause those issues on some systems. We found some other VST plugins with similar or worse issues, so we contacted PH about it, hopefully they'll look into it. While we will attempt some workarounds on our end to improve the situation for now, overall it is an issue that should be fixed in Reason 10.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby riemac » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Richard wrote:We looked into this in more detail. There is a few important things that work in a non-standard way in Reason's VST implementation (compared to the major hosts like Cubase, Live, S1 etc), which can cause those issues on some systems. We found some other VST plugins with similar or worse issues, so we contacted PH about it, hopefully they'll look into it. While we will attempt some workarounds on our end to improve the situation for now, overall it is an issue that should be fixed in Reason 10.

Thanks Richard for looking into it.
riemac
Novice

(Solved) Dune3 strange fader and knob behavier

Postby riemac » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Richard wrote:We looked into this in more detail. There is a few important things that work in a non-standard way in Reason's VST implementation (compared to the major hosts like Cubase, Live, S1 etc), which can cause those issues on some systems. We found some other VST plugins with similar or worse issues, so we contacted PH about it, hopefully they'll look into it. While we will attempt some workarounds on our end to improve the situation for now, overall it is an issue that should be fixed in Reason 10.

The update to Version 3.07 fixed this problem for me, thank you very much for the fast solution!
riemac
Novice

Postby JohnBack » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Just tried 3.07 on MAC and does not fix the dancing/rubberband knob issue on Reason 10.2.2d1. Other than the Props somewhat annoying VST issue, absolutely loving v3 - the interface improvements, the phenomenal CPU performance.. really a credit to Rich and Synapse team.
JohnBack
Novice

Postby Carlo Celuque » Sun May 26, 2019 12:46 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I am trying out Dune 3 Demo and noticed that the Semi Osc button is randomly moving on some patches!

Is this a time limited intended malfunction of the Demo version?

It`s weird.

Than k you very much
Carlo Celuque
Novice

Return to Bug Reports