software to resize the GUI of the old audio plugins

Talk about music in general, share some inspiration or promote your music - anything goes.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

software to resize the GUI of the old audio plugins

Postby Suonoecomputer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:13 am

My imagination always runs towards alternatives ... I tried to search on the internet but I did not find anything like that .. A software that scans the whole computer in search of all those old plugins (even non-audio) with reduced size and low graphic quality ... Then once found can automatically resize both their size and their graphic quality ... eh eh nice, right? Do you think it can be done or is my fantasy exaggerated?
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Re: software to resize the GUI of the old audio plugins

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 am

It's exaggerated.

You can't increase the size of rastered graphics and expect quality to increase as well - or even remain the same.

Only now with neural networks (AI) are they getting some results of up-scaling graphics, but we're still years and years from any general usability of it, and even then you still won't be able to do something like you fantasized.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:05 am

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. Why did you buy a high-res monitor, didn't you foresee these problems? I'd also point out that even the manufacturers of the hardware don't expect anyone to be dumb enough to run them at 100%, they expect they will using scaling in Windows. Windows even recommends the proper scaling for you (150% on my last two laptops).
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Suonoecomputer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:31 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:It's exaggerated.

You can't increase the size of rastered graphics and expect quality to increase as well - or even remain the same.

Only now with neural networks (AI) are they getting some results of up-scaling graphics, but we're still years and years from any general usability of it, and even then you still won't be able to do something like you fantasized.

Interesting, thanks. Maybe someday this will happen again... :D
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Suonoecomputer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 am

bones wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. Why did you buy a high-res monitor, didn't you foresee these problems? I'd also point out that even the manufacturers of the hardware don't expect anyone to be dumb enough to run them at 100%, they expect they will using scaling in Windows. Windows even recommends the proper scaling for you (150% on my last two laptops).

The windows magnification enlarges all the Windows graphics, I have written to enlarge only the plugins, if you explain how to do with Windows to only enlarge the plugins, leaving all the rest intact, then I do it now, thanks. :dance: :dance:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 am

Suonoecomputer wrote:Interesting, thanks. Maybe someday this will happen again... :D

A neural network consists of many interconnected machines. Those machines are usually the supercomputer class, and the way they work is that they use artificial intelligence to actually recreate the picture in higher resolution - not just calculate a pixel color based on neighboring pixels like Photoshop does, which results in blurry and/or blocky images.

By the time this reaches any level where you could run it on your own, you probably wouldn't even be able to run those plugins. It's just wishful thinking. But even if you could make images bigger and higher resolution today, you still wouldn't be able to make it work for plugins with embedded images - which IMO are the vast majority of them.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Thanks Hypna, but for example there is a way to read and open an audio plugin ( file .dll)? I can open it with one specific software to try to see at least if I can enlarge their size - even if it can be out of focus ...? Thank you.
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Christophe » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 pm

you can edit a picture with ResEdit (a resource editor) but the size should remain the same because the plugin will use fixed coordinates
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 am

Suonoecomputer wrote:Thanks Hypna, but for example there is a way to read and open an audio plugin ( file .dll)? I can open it with one specific software to try to see at least if I can enlarge their size - even if it can be out of focus ...? Thank you.

I suppose you could do something like that with a resource editor, but it's questionable whether or not that would actually work. I'd need to test that to see which might be the case, since I have my doubts.

Being that the editor won't allow you to change any of the functionality, replacing images with larger ones might not work if they are in any way tied to programming (position, click area, etc), and they might just end up being screwed up because of bigger images, like Christophe said. Like I said, it requires testing.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Suonoecomputer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:00 am

Thanks, here I made an attempt ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qp1N2F2c2Q Then you have to resize each individual aspect and parameter of the plugin ... knobs, check marks, ... Long work ... Maybe a study on software that can convert btmap images into vector images .. who knows ... Thanks for the information, it's always interesting to view a little the various aspects of the plugins ... :wink:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Return to Music & Stuff