Dune 3 Key tracking

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 Key tracking

Postby Saukar23 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Im not sure how to do this or if its possible, but I wanted to set up key tracking in D3 to have 3 or 4 layers only active on a certain range of keys. For example, layer 1 is only active from c1 to c2, layer 2 is only active from c2 to c3, etc.

Is there a way to control keytracking in D3 using the MSEGs? How would I set that up? Set up a rectangular shape in the MSEG, in the mod matrix have mseg as a source, keytacking as destination, set the voice count for each layer that Im using?
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Re: Dune 3 Key tracking

Postby Kriminal » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:53 pm

i doubt its possible

the beta team have been asking for the ability to set keyrange per layer since V2
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Yes this has been one of the top requests I've seen over the years. I believe it has something to do with the "Dual Unison Engine" that does not allow individual voices or layers to be restricted to certain ranges. Synapse can explain much better.

Would certainly allow for single patches that can't be made now (Arp/seq on the lower keys, lead on the the top, bass/lead splits etc) this is already possible in other multi layer synths. (No, I don't want to hear about using multiple instances of Dune 3. Stop typing).

Something similar would probably fit inside the current Mod Matrix window with an additional Tab but if there is something in the code that won't allow Zones then it's pointless to pursue it any further. :?

Zones.png

Although I have worked on this with patches before and it's possible to use Keytrack -100 to Osc Volume to lower the volume of one Voice on the upper end while maintaining the same volume for other voices over the range. So if each voice can have a different volume over the range of keys why not zero volume before or after a set breakpoint ? I don't write code so I can't say why not.

D3 040819-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Saukar23 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks Tek. I tried that Keytrack also.

I guess I'll have to just layer instances, which is completely nto what I would like, but suc is life. Dune 3 is still my favorite synth :mrgreen:
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Return to Tips'n'tricks