DUNE 3 disables/mutes

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 3 disables/mutes

Postby GRUMP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 pm

DUNE frequently diables/"mutes" when editing Wavetables (load, clear, ...) in both Cubase 10 and MPC Software. Loading an other Patch does not fix, it´s the Pligun itself.
GRUMP
Novice

Re: DUNE 3 disables/mutes

Postby Teksonik » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:46 pm

I can't reproduce the issue here but I don't own Cubase or the MPC software. Can you post a series of steps needed to produce the issue ? Obviously D3 needs to Mute as new sample data is loading but if you're saying that it stays muted and can't be un-muted by loading another patch then that is an issue.

If you'll post the steps I'll keep testing here in the DAWs I own and see if I can reproduce. I have done hundreds of patches for D3 and have not encountered this Muting issue.

Anyway welcome to the Forum. Dune 3 is truly an awesome synth. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby GRUMP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:28 pm

Teksonik wrote:I can't reproduce the issue here but I don't own Cubase or the MPC software. Can you post a series of steps needed to produce the issue ? Obviously D3 needs to Mute as new sample data is loading but if you're saying that it stays muted and can't be un-muted by loading another patch then that is an issue.

If you'll post the steps I'll keep testing here in the DAWs I own and see if I can reproduce. I have done hundreds of patches for D3 and have not encountered this Muting issue.

Anyway welcome to the Forum. Dune 3 is truly an awesome synth. :)

I´ll watch that Issue in the Future so I can hopefully deliver useful Aspects for you.

For now I can just say, that it has always happened when I was working on the WT - e. g. Menu > Clean Wavetable. It also happended one time when I wanted to load a new WT.

As mentioned already I tried to load a new Patch. I could fix the Problem with Changing the VST Instrument of the Channel and chose Dune again afterwards - what means that the Channel and the ChanSettings were not the Problem (as suspected).

Nearly forgot to mention: same Problem occured several times when I edited the Chorus. Complete Audio Dropout as described. Nothing worked, had to Change the VST and enable DUNE again.

But yes you´re right - DUNE 3 is my new GoTo Workhorse. 8 Layers ... and all these Oscillators ... it´s really fun. I can work additive :)

Would love to see more Harmonics Editor Functions :dance:
GRUMP
Novice

Postby GRUMP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:22 pm

WT-Editor, Pen-Tool selected, imported Single-Cycle
listened, raised the Amplitude via Strg+ALT + Mouse upwards and the Sound disabled again - all Layers.
loaded other Sound - worked - but others not.
-
EDIT: it seems to be a "general" Problem, VST o whatever.
At the Moment I can´t hear DUNE in the current Cubase Session, even on a new Channel. Other VSTs work fine on it.
Deleted all Dunes on 3 Tracks, selected other Synth, tried to select DUNE on one Channel again - loaded - no Sound.

DAW: Cubase 10 Elements
GRUMP
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:38 am

Ok let's see what Rich or Marcin say. I don't own Cubase so can't test with it but I'm unable to reproduce the issue here. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Thank you for the detailed problem description! I took a quick stab at it and it worked in Cubase here- so we will keep trying to reproduce the problem. Could you give us your audio buffer size, as well as the Multithreading setting (on or off)? It seems quite likely that your problem only occurs under specific circumstances.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby GRUMP » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Richard wrote:Thank you for the detailed problem description! I took a quick stab at it and it worked in Cubase here- so we will keep trying to reproduce the problem. Could you give us your audio buffer size, as well as the Multithreading setting (on or off)? It seems quite likely that your problem only occurs under specific circumstances.

MT is on ... Buffer both MPC and Cubase 1536.

"It seems quite likely that your problem only occurs under specific circumstances."

That´s why I´m telling you. I don´t expect DUNE to be generally "buggy" - Let me know if and how I can report relevant Details!

Complement: my System is usually free of Errors, except DAW Crashes from time to time. Never experienced sth. like that before!
GRUMP
Novice

Postby 4damind » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:08 pm

[could resolve this]
4damind
Novice

Return to Bug Reports