DUNE 3 - first Thoughts

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 3 - first Thoughts

Postby GRUMP » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:09 pm

As first I want to say thank you. Differential Unison Engine 3 is awesome and I didn´t feed my Zebra for days now.

It helps me a lot with what I´m doing. My Focus is VOX Sounds / Pads and DUNE is a big Progress for me.

Day 5 with DUNE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjUcLmFoHeo

Some Suggestions:
- Disply Parameter Values when MouseOver
- It´s difficult to "touch" the OSC-Mixers Fader without letting the Fader jump.
- AMP-Envelope-Slope sounds quiet synthetic. ADS F/R R + Modes for the Slope like in Zebra2 would be great.
- LED to show the LFO Speed
- Save FX1/2 Presets
- Set multiple Modulation Targets for on Modulation Source
- Multi-Parameter Knobs
- Extended Patch Notes

WT Harmonics Editor:
- Selecting a set of Harmonics
- Grouping, Group Editing (Raise, Decimate %)
- % Randomization for Selection/Group
- Frequency Shifting of Harmonics (> dishamonic)

Sry, but this List would be tooo long I wanted to express what I like about DUNE!

VLG aus Darmstadt!
Last edited by GRUMP on Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRUMP
Novice

Re: DUNE 3 - first Thoughts

Postby Teksonik » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:40 pm

GRUMP wrote: Disply Parameter Values when MouseOver

Left Click while Mouse Over shows Parameter Value (on Windows, don't know what it is on a Mac). If the values popped up while simply mousing over you'd have displays popping up all over the place as you navigate the GUI and it would get messy pretty quickly.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby GRUMP » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Teksonik wrote:

Left Click while Mouse Over shows Parameter Value (on Windows, don't know what it is on a Mac). If the values popped up while simply mousing over you'd have displays popping up all over the place as you navigate the GUI and it would get messy pretty quickly.

I know ... and it is generally unproblematic. But the Faders in the Mixer jump .5cm up or down if you left-Click them.

DUNE´s GUI feels great and is very User friendly, too - but this little issue is a little bit annoying sometimes...

EDIT:
Just tested it a little bit ... if you touch the lowest part/point the Faders do not jump. The Problem is, that their Positioning is related to their Bottom. If you try to touch them in the Middle they´ll jump up the Distance from the Bottom to the Middle.
GRUMP
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am

Ok it's been reported. In the meantime you can use Shift+Left Click to see the value without the Fader Jumping.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby GRUMP » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Teksonik wrote:Ok it's been reported. In the meantime you can use Shift+Left Click to see the value without the Fader Jumping.

Thx, good to know!
GRUMP
Novice

Postby GRUMP » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:21 pm

It´s really fun to create complex Wavetables with DUNE3.

One thing I am missing is a graphical Indication of the currently dominant Wave in the Editor while sweeping though the Wavetable.

The Possibility to add the Tables in a File to the current WT would be great, too!
GRUMP
Novice

Postby bones » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Teksonik wrote:

Tooltips have a built-in delay to stop this happening. Some applications allow you to set how long it is.
GRUMP wrote:I know ... and it is generally unproblematic. But the Faders in the Mixer jump .5cm up or down if you left-Click them.
EDIT:
Just tested it a little bit ... if you touch the lowest part/point the Faders do not jump. The Problem is, that their Positioning is related to their Bottom. If you try to touch them in the Middle they´ll jump up the Distance from the Bottom to the Middle.

I have no idea why it matters but if you have to see the value, just hover your mouse and use the scroll wheel, no need to click your mouse - one click of the wheel up, then one click back to show the original value. Simple.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm

bones wrote:Tooltips have a built-in delay to stop this happening. Some applications allow you to set how long it is.

They don't in all plugins. Try Sektor for instance. Values popping up all over the place....instantly....when you mouse over. Drives me nuts and there is no way to turn Tooltips off or set a delay.

bones wrote:I have no idea why it matters but if you have to see the value, just hover your mouse and use the scroll wheel, no need to click your mouse - one click of the wheel up, then one click back to show the original value. Simple.

Or like I said Shift/Left Click to see the value without the Fader jumping or just look at where the Fader center line is along the rail. I've been doing it that way since my first hardware synth.

Dune's parameter readout is just fine the way it is in my opinion except for the jumping faders which I think may be a bug introduced with the new GUI framework since it does not happen in older versions of Dune 3 at least not here.

Dune gives you readouts when you want them and where you need them. No values popping up all over the place willy nilly and it gives you readouts right below the parameter you want to adjust.

No clicking on the parameter you want to adjust then looking away and up to the top of the GUI to see the readout like in Hive 2 and DS Thorn for example. 8)
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist