The Legend x64 VST2 fails to load on several VST hosts

Come across a bug in our software? Please report it here, and provide as many details as possible: Product, version number, soundcard, OS version etc.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: The Legend x64 VST2 fails to load on several VST hosts

Postby puranon » Thu May 21, 2020 1:02 pm

1.31 LegendFX fails 100% of the time. Not so with earlier builds which fail under certain conditions.

1.31 Legend seems OK, but 1.31 LegendFX is completely inaccessible
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu May 21, 2020 6:56 pm

I don't know what to tell you. We're all using the same plugin. I can't reproduce the issue here on two systems with 5 DAWs and Metaplugin.

The developers and other users have tested it in other DAWs as well and can't reproduce the issue either. :?

Is there an error message generated ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Sun May 24, 2020 2:23 am

No error message, you just get a blank VST slot after selecting the FX. The processing task hourglass icon flashes for about a second while its initiating the load and then nothing appears after.

UPDATE:
1.30 FX is working on 64 bit Windows 10 just like it did on 64 bit Win 7. This shows the bug is not OS config or system based and it is some change in 1.31 FX that made the fail rate 100%
puranon
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 am

These are which I've tried:

Orion ✅
Acid Pro Next ✅
Ableton Live ✅
Cakewalk ✅
Cubase LE Elements 10.5 ✅
Reaper ✅
FL Studio ✅
LMMS ✅
Cantabile Lite ✅
Gig Performer [demo] ✅
LiveProfessor [demo] ✅
BloXpander [demo] ✅

Have you tried running your hosts as administrator?
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun May 24, 2020 3:48 pm

puranon wrote:made the fail rate 100%

The fail rate is 0% for the rest of us....like I said you might have discovered an obscure bug that only affects your system or configuration but if none of us including the developers can reproduce the issue there's nothing much that can be done.

Explain why no one else can reproduce the issue. :?

Is your LegendFX version in the same location as the Legend synth version ?

You could try uninstalling everything, check the registry and clean it if there's anything left over and reinstall. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Here's what the registry looks like here at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synapse Audio\Legend

Legend 052420-2.png

Notice that The Legend's installer set the install paths you choose in the registry. Check what yours say.

What size do you have selected for The Legend "Small Medium or Large" ? The FX version should be the same size.

EDIT: I just installed 1.31 on my laptop and tested in three DAWs and again no issue with loading there either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby puranon » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Just found out uninstalling 1.31 and reinstalling 1.30 Legend FX now works again. We can therefore rule out user/system error.

There is some difference in 1.31 that was causing 100% failure rate. We might also soon discover why some systems are not sensitive to this difference.
puranon
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon May 25, 2020 6:28 pm

We can therefore rule out user/system error.

No we can't especially since you've been reporting issues since 2018 and only three other people have. The developers and several testers can not duplicate their issue on their systems.

puranon wrote: There is some difference in 1.31 that was causing 100% failure rate.

That causes 0% failure rate in other systems.

We might also soon discover why some systems are not sensitive to this difference.

That is the text book definition of a system specific issue. It's happening on your system but not others.

Anyway I'm trying to help you but if you're not going to respond to advice or answer questions I'm out of here. I have far better things to do than try to help you. Good luck.
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Bug Reports