Dune 3 license

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 3 license

Postby AlesCZ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Good day,
I may have a silly question. The license says:

In case a sound library is part of the purchased product, the following shall apply in addition to the EULA (Sound License Agreement):
The provided samples, instruments and presets can be used for commercial or non-commercial music and audio productions without the prior permission from Synapse Audio. When using presets which contain complex arrangements/melodies, and provided those presets are used without any modifications, the respective author of the preset has to be given credit.

I don't speak English very well, but did I understand that if I use a purchased presets, or a factory preset that is sophisticated (I don't know how to know it), will I have to mention the author of the preset in my work? I find it weird, so I want to ask you for clarification. :)

Then I have one more question. If I want to reinstall the OS, how to deactivate the product so that I can reactivate it in a new OS or a new PC?

Thank you!
AlesCZ
Novice

Re: Dune 3 license

Postby AlesCZ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm

No one will explain it to me? :)
AlesCZ
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:06 pm

I guess it means if you use an ARP preset that used an embedded midi file, and you don't change it, you have to credit the person who made it

you don't need to deactivate anything, just reinstall it as usual
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Richard » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:15 am

AlesCZ wrote:I don't speak English very well, but did I understand that if I use a purchased presets, or a factory preset that is sophisticated (I don't know how to know it), will I have to mention the author of the preset in my work? I find it weird, so I want to ask you for clarification. :)
Thank you!

This refers to melodies embedded in presets, not the presets themselves. Giving credits is rather standard practice here, just like you give credits if you remix a track by someone else. And since there is no fee involved of any kind, we believe this EULA is very fair. :music:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby AlesCZ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:19 pm

OK, I get it. Thank you folks!
AlesCZ
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)